My 25 Fave 140 Character Thoughts For May
These are from my Twitter account, johnhawkinsrwn.
* One of the biggest problems w/ the gov’t is that there’s no consideration of whether taxpayers are getting value for their money
* Proving you’ll die if you kill Americans is a hell of a lot more important than proving we’re more moral than our enemies
* We’re creating an America that will make it structurally impossible for people to be as successful as they were in past generations
* For most of human history, people DID NOT assume life would be better for them than their parents — because it wasn’t.
* Please stop sending me your increasingly far out & silly theories that explain why Obama was really born in Indonesia.
* At the end of the day, most people don’t vote on “principle.” They vote for who they think will make their lives better.
* So, jihadis are calling the area we dumped Bin Laden “Martyr’s Sea?” I think “The Bay of Pigs” has a better ring to it.
* If we did have a 2000 mile long moat filled with alligators, I think border security would be a lot better than it is now
* I notice a lot of stories about Anthony Pellicano’s clients that manage to leave out that he worked for the Clintons
* Nearly half of Detroiters are functionally illiterate. Great job, teacher’s unions!
* “Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files.” That should be the most anti-climactic show in television history.
* Got a 10 min “Tai Chi reflexology” foot massage to see what it was like. Verdict: PAINFUL, but it felt good after
* I usually assume that men who do showy public proposals are trying to use it to pressure their reluctant GF’s to say yes.
* I heard if you watch the needle go in, it hurts less. It’s a brain trick. Tested it when I got bloodwork today. It worked
* I also hate plots that revolve around aliens finally getting “love” or appreciating music. That’s so hubristic.
* Spinach is the new lettuce.
* If you’re a single woman & you want men to chase you, you shouldn’t be wearing any kind of ring on your left ring finger
* You don’t peel away layers like an onion to reveal yourself, you add layers to your personality to create yourself
* Change is not always for the better and progress is only a positive if you’re going in the right direction.
* Life is a game with no rules, an infinite number of possible strategies, and whether you “win” or “lose” is almost entirely subjective
* If not for women, men would be wearing sweats & T’s all day, Rolex wouldn’t exist, & nobody would wear cologne
* Doing something dumb in reaction to something dumb does not make you smart
* There can be a heavy price to be paid for being right when most other people are happy being wrong.
* There are few things in life that will bring you more happiness and comfort than bringing happiness and comfort to people you care about
* Evil usually doesn’t think it’s evil, it usually has many apologists, & its supporters typically portray it as a good.
Facebook61.1kTwitter109Email1 Close-quarters combat just got a little more deadly with the introduction of this gas-injection knife. It allows you to inject compressed gasses into whatever you stab, effectively blowing it...Read More
FacebookTwitterEmail What has our Department of Homeland Security metamorphosed into? Our third largest government agency has been stockpiling weapons and
FacebookTwitterEmail "I can't believe it!" Dave Brat greets supporters before his victory speech (but after he knew he'd beaten Cantor)