A Reasonable Compromise On Gun Control
Most liberals want gun control. Mostly on people other than themselves, but, I’ll ignore that for the moment. So, I’ll tell you what, in the spirit of compromise, here’s what I’ll offer:
- Reinstatement of the original 1994 Assault Weapons Ban
- Ban the manufacture, sale, and transfer of magazines higher than 1o rounds starting the date the legislation passes
- Require background checks on all weapons purchased at gun shows before the purchaser takes ownership of the weapon
- Ban private ownership of all automatic weapons
- A national 7 day waiting period for the purchase of all handguns (with a provision that in certain cases, such as someone who’s life is being threatened can get an immediate check and permit from law enforcement. Provided they pass the check)
In return I want
- Ban all late term abortions (except in real cases where the mother’s life is in imminent danger, and the doctor must legally sign off on a specific, and legally binding, form)
- Require parental notification for abortions for all women under 18
- Require parental consent for all under 16 (which could be over-ruled by a judge)
- Disallow all federal funding for abortion, including at Planned Parenthood. Want one? Pay for it yourself
- Require a 48 waiting period from the time a woman requests an abortion
I think that’s eminently fair, a nice compromise. What do you think?
Oh, and I’ll tell you what: I’ll also give you
- background checks on all gun purchases, including rifles and shotguns (if someone has had a background check on a purchase within the previous 2 years, they would not need to get another permit*)
And you give me
- Corporal punishment and “hard labor” for all convicted violent felons
Do we have a deal?
*For instance, here in Wake County one must go to the Sheriff’s office and pay for a background check and receive a permit for each handgun permit. I have two guns, so, two permits, two checks. I got the permit, then went to get a handgun in 2008. Then did it again early in 2012. Since I received a permit last year, if I wanted to get a Bushmaster .223 there would be no need for a check or permit.
Facebook61kTwitter109Email1 Close-quarters combat just got a little more deadly with the introduction of this gas-injection knife. It allows you to inject compressed gasses into whatever you stab, effectively blowing it...Read More
FacebookTwitterEmail by: Anna Maria Hoffman Recently, we received a question from Michael, one of our readers from the U.K. “What is
FacebookTwitterEmail As Harry Reid: bolts: from Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s renewed push to ban so-called assault weapons, other senators, including Pat Leahy and
FacebookTwitterEmail This is so unconstitutional and it is outrageous behavior from Obama, the ATF and our government. If this ban