Today, January 22, 2013, is the 40th anniversary of the Supreme Court decisions: Roe v. Wade: and: Doe v. Bolton, which made abortion legal essentially throughout all 9 months of pregnancy. As we mourn the 55 million pre-born babies we have lost since those decisions, it is important for us, now more than ever, to show the world that this generation of young people is pro-life.
The pro-life movement has made great strides over the past few decades, but our work is not even close to being over. Here is what: Students for Life of America: is looking forward to accomplishing this year as we work towards our goal of abolishing abortion in this lifetime.
1. Telling the stories of courageous young people with the release of our first book entitled, “Courageous: Students Abolishing Abortion in this Lifetime.” “Courageous” features the stories of 12 pro-life students whose lives have been affect by unplanned pregnancies and abortion. In this book, you will see the momentum the pro-life movement has on high school and college campuses across America through the eyes of students who have answered the call to abolish abortion and done extraordinary things. Our goal is to get it in the hands of every pro-lifer, young and old, to be inspired and to keep marching forward as we commemorate 40 years of legal abortion in our land.
2. Making the pro-life generation’s presence known at the 40th March for Life. The young people of this generation are the survivors of: Roe, and we are encouraging them to seek out media, both online and traditional, to share the youth perspective on the anniversary and what the March means to them. Over 200 student groups that we are directly in contact with are planning to head to DC for the March. On “March Day” this Friday, students will meet us before the rally at 11:30am on the southwest corner of 7th St. and Madison Dr. to hand out 10,000 signs that say, “I am the Pro-Life Generation” and “Courageously Abolishing Abortion.” Our students will also be bearing one of the largest banners in the entire March that declares, “We are the Pro-Life Generation.”
3. Hosting the nation’s largest abortion abolitionist conference on Saturday, January 26th. The: Students for Life of America National Conference: has been selling out for the past 3 years with over 2,000 of the country’s leading pro-life activist students gathering for a day of speakers, training, fellowship, and fun. This year’s conference theme is “Be Courageous,” a title we thought fitting for pro-life young people heading back to their campuses and into the next 4 years of the Obama administration. Students will learn about answering the “hard” questions, adoption, Planned Parenthood, birth control, legal rights for pro-life students, facing adversity with Star Parker, and much more. The morning and late afternoon sessions may be watched live online at: http://www.sflalive.org.
4. Taking the abortion Goliath, Planned Parenthood, head on by exposing their lies in high schools, colleges, and towns across America. Our research has shown that almost 60% of young people don’t even know that Planned Parenthood does abortions. When these people find out the truth about Planned Parenthood’s bloody record, their opinion is negatively affected. We need to do a better job educating the public about PP’s dirty and corrupt practices. I am excited about this new project, stay tuned — more details to come soon!
5. Expanding the reach of Students for Life to start pro-life movements on new high school and college campuses. This year, our goal is to hire and place new Coordinators in 8 key states, as well as continue to give free resources and support for the more than 700 active pro-life student groups we serve across the country. We seek to rewrite the stories of pregnant and parenting students by working with pro-life student groups to provide the resources necessary to make abortion an unthinkable option. We’re always here to help – email us anytime at: [email protected].
The time is now for this generation to mobilize, train, and stand courageously for life. Working together, we can and we WILL abolish abortion in this lifetime.
– Kristan Hawkins is the President of Students for Life of America, the nation’s largest pro-life youth organization with over 700 groups nationwide. She is author of the new book “Courageous: Students Abolishing Abortion in this Lifetime.”
This dad punches the crap out of two girls attacking his daughter. Tell me you wouldn’t do the same if a pack of thugs were beating on your child. I...Read More
Freshman Senator Ted Cruz says many things that need to be said and says them well. Moreover, some of these
Many people are looking to the many primary elections on March 6th — “Super Tuesday” — to clarify where this