5 Quick Questions about Barack Obama’s Tax Increases On the Rich
Higher taxes on the rich have been the holy grail of Barack Obama’s presidency. He spent four years talking about it, ran his reelection campaign on it and was willing to take the nation over the fiscal cliff to get it.
Now, he has gotten his wish. Taxes on the wealthy have gone up.
1) So, is this going to fix the deficit? No, the deficit is actually getting larger because of new spending in the fiscal cliff deal.
2) Did we only raise taxes on the rich? No, of course not. The payroll tax went up, too.
3) Will it create more jobs? No, in fact it will slow down job creation a bit because it will take money that job creators could have used for investment and move it into the government’s coffers.
4) Will it help the economy? No, in fact it will probably slow down the economy a bit by transferring money from the private sector to the government.
5) So, what did raising taxes on the rich actually accomplish? It reduced “inequality” by helping to make everyone a little poorer and it made a great campaign issue for Obama. So, there’s that.
So, if as expected, the economy continues to splutter along, the jobless rate stays high and the deficit remains huge, the question for Obama then becomes, “Now what?”
Facebook60.8kTwitter107Email0 Close-quarters combat just got a little more deadly with the introduction of this gas-injection knife. It allows you to inject compressed gasses into whatever you stab, effectively blowing it...Read More
FacebookTwitterEmail It’s an interesting question, in which Roger L. Simon wonders whether Obama should resign, and puts it this way
FacebookTwitterEmail Bernardine Dohrn, terrorist wife of : Bill Ayers, member of : The Weathermen and hostess with the mostest for Barack Obama,
ISIS Sex Slave Reveals Repeated Rapes, Forced to Undergo Multiple Surgeries to ‘Restore Her Virginity’
FacebookTwitterEmail The world is finding out more about the inhuman treatment that the Muslims in ISIS held areas in Syria