At Correspondents Dinner, Obama Takes Partisan Shots, Also Shots At Private Citizens
Say, remember this story from yesterday?
In a blunt caution to political friend and foe, President Obama said Saturday that partisan rants and name-calling under the guise of legitimate discourse pose a serious danger to America’s democracy, and may incite “extreme elements” to violence.
That was from his commencement speech whine at the U. Of Michigan (right before 75% of the graduates jumped in their car to get the hell away from a state destroyed by liberal political policies.) His speech was also know “as an opportunity to rail out against his critics and anyone else who exercises the Constitutionally guaranteed right to speak his mind.”
Jump to last nights White House Correspondents Dinner
- “You should be aware that Scott Brown is not the only one with a salacious photo spread floating around,” Obama said of the senator who had posed for Cosmopolitan as a young man. “Recently (White House political advisor) David Axelrod was offered a photo opportunity… Now, I did not know that Krispy Kreme had a catalog.”
- “Unfortunately John McCain couldn’t make it,” Obama said of his rival for the White House in 2008. “Recently he claimed that he had never identified himself as a maverick. And we all know what happens in Arizona when you don’t have ID. ‘Adios amigos….
- The president told a joke on the Republican Party chairman, who, like Obama, is the first African-American to hold his post: “I saw Michael Steele backstage…. AKA Notorious G O P… who really knows what plagues America today, taxation without representin’ – my brother,” the president said with a hand gesture to the GOP chairman.
Sure, it was (supposedly) a comedy dinner, but, didn’t Obama just complain about partisan rancor? Plus, you have to truly love that last one about Michael Steele, which would have gotten any Republican scalded as a racist, bigoted, disgusting, inappropriate remark. But, OK, that’s politics. It’s rough and tumble, something our thin skinned president doesn’t get. But what about these comments?
- “It’s been quite a year,” said Obama, making his second appearance at the correspondents’ dinner. “Lots of ups, lots of downs, except for my approval ratings, which have just gone down. But that’s politics. It doesn’t bother me. In fact, I know my approval ratings are still very high in the country of my birth.” (whether you agree with Birthers or not, here’s the president taking shots at private citizens)
- The president told a joke on Wall Street: “All of the jokes tonight are brought to you by our friends at Goldman Sachs. You don’t have to worry, they make money whether you laugh or not…” (no matter what they did wrong, taking shots at private citizens)
- He had a word for Republican Sarah Palin of Alaska: “Even though the mainstream press gives me a hard time, I hear I’m pretty big on Twitter, Facebook, or as Sarah Palin calls it, the socialized media… (again, taking shots at a private citizen)
- “Odds are that the Salahis are here,” he said of that socialite couple who had crashed his State Dinner for the Indian prime minister. “There haven’t been people who were more unwelcome at a party since Charlie Crist (shots at private citizens)
Isn’t that swell? Can you imagine the uproar had Bush taken shots at private citizens, even during what was supposedly a dinner about humor? Looking back, most of Bush’s jokes were about himself, with a few light-hearted jabs thrown in at Barbara Bush, Dick Cheney, Nancy Pelosi, and others. But, not private citizens. And, how about this last one from Obama
He even told a joke on the military’s targeted kill, addressing the Jonas Brothers in the house, adored by Obama daughters Sasha and Malia.
“Boys, don’t get any ideas,” Obama said. “I have two words for you – predator drones. You’ll never see it coming… You think I’m joking.”
Again, just imagine Bush telling THAT joke and what the media would be printing the following day.
A black judge in Kentucky has given two home invaders and armed robbers a light sentence because he feels that their three-year-old white victim was a “racist” because in her...Read More
OK, he didn’t call Obama a stuttering clusterf*ck of a miserable failure, but, dog whistle, you know? (Fox News) Mitt
Personally, I had thought he would not resign as long as the left leaning media ignored the story about his