Benghazi Truth Begins to Surface
To quote some Shakespeare, “at the length truth will out.” When it comes to Benghazi it would have come out at much shorter length if the media didn’t have to be dragged kicking and screaming to report on it, but in the end it will out all the same. We already know that US jets could have stopped the Benghazi attack:
The U.S. military could have prevented one wave of the deadly attack on American personnel in Benghazi if fighter jets had been promptly deployed, a top diplomatic official who was in Benghazi during the Sept. 11 assault told congressional investigators.
The account, contained in a transcript obtained by Fox News, was given by Gregory Hicks during an interview last month with the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. Hicks, a whistle-blower who is preparing to testify Wednesday before that committee, was deputy chief of mission at the U.S. Embassy in Libya — after Ambassador Chris Stevens was killed that night, he became the highest-ranking diplomat on the ground.
We also know that Shrillary Rotten tried to cut out Foggy Bottom’s counterterrorism unit after the attack, presumably because it wouldn’t help her sell the absurd “an American YouTube video did it” lie:
On the night of Sept. 11 … then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and a key aide effectively tried to cut the department’s own counterterrorism bureau out of the chain of reporting and decision-making, according to a “whistle-blower” witness from that bureau who will soon testify to the charge before Congress, Fox News has learned.
That witness is Mark I. Thompson, a former Marine and now the deputy coordinator for operations in the agency’s counterterrorism bureau. …
Fox News has also learned that another official from the counterterrorism bureau — independently of Thompson — voiced the same complaint about Clinton and Under Secretary for Management Patrick Kennedy to trusted national security colleagues back in October. …
“You should have seen what (Clinton) tried to do to us that night,” the second official in State’s counterterrorism bureau told colleagues back in October. Those comments would appear to be corroborated by Thompson’s forthcoming testimony.
If anything can sink Shrillary despite her supporters’ utter absence of standards, this should be it.
The allegations of the two counterterrorism officials stand to return the former secretary of state to the center of the Benghazi story. Widely regarded as a leading potential candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2016, Clinton has insisted she was not privy to decisions made by underlings about the inadequate security for the U.S. installations in Benghazi that were made in the run-up to the attacks. And she has portrayed her role — once the attacks became known in Washington — as that of a determined fact-finder who worked with colleagues to fashion the best possible response to the crisis.
One thing we have known for awhile is that our government lied to us:
Documents from the State Department, the Central Intelligence Agency and the National Security Council, first published in the May 13 edition of “The Weekly Standard,” showed that senior officials from those agencies decided within days of the attacks to delete all references to Al Qaeda’s known involvement in them from “talking points” being prepared for those administration officers being sent out to discuss the attacks publicly.
Those talking points — and indeed, the statements of all senior Obama administration officials who commented publicly on Benghazi during the early days after the attacks — sought instead to depict the Americans’ deaths as the result of a spontaneous protest that went awry. The administration later acknowledged that there had been no such protest, as evidence mounted that Al Qaeda-linked terrorists had participated in the attacks. The latter conclusion had figured prominently in the earliest CIA drafts of the talking points, but was stricken by an ad hoc group of senior officials controlling the drafting process.
What we don’t know is whether the USA still has enough character to remove Obama et al. from office as quickly as legally feasible, once it has been established beyond dispute that he is utterly unfit for office.
On tips from Clingtomyguns and The MaryHunter. Cross-posted at Moonbattery.
After his 20-year old son overdosed on drugs, Mike Stollings decided to post a photo of his body at the funeral home on Facebook out of grief and guilt. The...Read More
This is the video that was shown to the Republican Senators at their weekly caucus luncheon on Tuesday, Feb. 1,
While Comrade Obama lays the groundwork for Soviet-style show trials to blame the people who provide us with gasoline for
They can’t quite get over their extreme liberal bias to note that this is the state of the Obama economy,