How Obamacare Is Destroying The Life Of One Woman With Chronically Ill Kids
This is a video from Pattie Curran, a mom who describes herself as a “Catholic Tea Party hippie”. This video is from August, she tweeted it out again yesterday, indicating that the issues outlined in the video still remain.
1. Over the five years prior to Obamacare, her deductible had increased $50. Since Obamcare, it has increased $1200.
2. Her copay for the blood product she needs for her one of her children has increased 100%
3. Medical equipment that ill people use, such as the pumps, catheters, needles, tubing that she needs, all now have a “medical device tax” on them.
4. Medication that helped her son’s kidney condition for five to six years had a copay of $131. That copay is now $532.
5. They had no increase in premiums in 2009 and 2010. She notes in the video her premiums since Obamacare have increased $1528. She later adds in the description of the video that her premiums in 2014 will have increased $3066/year. She asks, where is that $2500 decrease that Obama promised?
6. Her medication copays used to be $4000 to $5000/year, now they are $10,000, a 100% increase since Obamacare passed.
7. Pattie also speaks about the reduction in care, noting the layoffs in hospitals that she has observed because of her experience with her children.
8. FLEX spending has dropped from $5000 to $2500.
9. Another hidden tax, not often mentioned- the ability to deduct medical expenses has changed. Whereas you used to be able to deduct if your medical expenses exceeded 7.5% of your AGI, now you can’t until it reaches past 10%, thus costing millions of families more and particularly causing economic harm to the sick.
Imagine having insurance and seeing a hole thousands of dollars wide blown in your budget that does absolutely nothing to benefit you. This is the situation millions of Americans like Pattie Curran have been put in by the Democrats and it’s why it’s so important that we repeal this law. It’s despicable, it’s immoral, it’s wrong and the only way to make it right is to repeal this law.
How did we end up in a world where Big Gulps are being banned in New York while the welcome mat for potheads is being rolled out in Colorado? How...Read More
Personally, I had thought he would not resign as long as the left leaning media ignored the story about his
Amusing note of the day: Well known Democratic advisor Joe Trippi called President Jimmy Carter’s a “failed presidency” on CNN
Obama made a huge mistake thinking that everyone in America hates their own country just like Reverend Wright, the killer