A New Year’s Prediction Challenge For Climate Alarmists
Happy New Year’s! Welcome to 2013! And one year closer to End Of Life As We Know it. 2150 and 2200 are fast approaching, the primary dates that the climate alarmists always want to use to denote when Earth is going to burn, baby, burn in fire, dan dan daaaan, fire, dan dan daaaaan.
New Year’s is usually a time when we make resolutions which we abandon when we realize that chocolate, bacon, and beer are great (and bacon cooked in beer and covered with chocolate!) In the blogosphere, we often make predictions for the New Year. Instead, how about a challenge?
For a long time, the alarmists have been making predictions as to what the climate will do. They say in 10 years, 50, 100. Instead, why not, say, make predictions for……2013! What I want for them to do, from the biggest of big climahypocrites, such as Al Gore, James Hansen, Barack Obama, and Leonardo DiCaprio, to the smallest climate dupes, is tell us exactly what the climate will do this year. For some of these questions, I’m using the USA, but, alarmists from around the world can use their own country/region, if they like:
- What will the average temperature of the Earth be for 2013? Most scientists place it at 59 degrees F (15 C). How far above, or below, will it be?
- What will the average temperature be for the USA? The rough average for the USA is 53 F.
- How many tropical systems will there be in the Atlantic? How many will hit the USA?
- What will the four seasons do in 2013? Warmer, colder, hotter, wetter? Tell us
- What will each month look like in the USA? How about in your home state?
- Which months will be above average, and which ones below, temperature wise?
- What states will have big floods, and during what months?
- What will tornado season look like?
- How many destructive thunderstorms will there be, and in which states?
- How many “extreme” weather events will there be?
- How much ice will the poles gain/lose?
- Will the Arctic be ice free this summer?
- What will the average precipitation be for your home city? Average temperature? Average low’s and highs?
- How many earthquakes will there be (since, apparently, climate change/globull warming creates earthquakes)?
- Pick an island, and tell us how much the sea will rise around it.
There are many, many, many more questions that can be asked, but, I know what the alarmists are thinking: “Teach, that is weather, not climate! I refuse to participate!” Ah, but, what, exactly, is climate? Let’s pull a couple good definitions
- Climate encompasses the statistics of temperature, humidity, atmospheric pressure, wind, rainfall, atmospheric particle count and numerous other meteorological elements in a given region over long periods of time
- Climate is the average weather conditions at a particular place over a long period of time. Climate is the long-term predictable state of the atmosphere. It is affected by physical features such as mountains, rivers, positioning of the globe, plateaus, deserts, depressions and much more.
- The general or typical atmospheric conditions for a place and/or period of time. Conditions include rainfall, temperature, thunderstorms, lightning, freezes, etc.
Notice, “long term predictable.” Weather and other natural forces create climate. And right now the alarmists are saying “but, Teach, one year is not considered to be a “long period of time!”” Well, you have plenty of data available for the long term, and, with all your vast knowledge of what the climate is doing, due to man’s release of greenhouse gases, surely you alarmists can make predictions for 2013 based on that long term data, and be mostly correct, right? Surely, you aren’t afraid to make predictions for this year, and tell us what the climate during 2013 will do, right? But, you have to make your predictions, and can’t go back and change them up as the year goes on. And at the end of the year, we will see how well you have done.
Plus, all you Warmists are now blaming every single weather event, whether it be hot, cold, wet, dry, on “climate change”, a completely unscientific phrase. You’re also blaming every geophysical event, such as earthquakes and volcanoes, on “climate change”.
Any alarmist up for the challenge? And no cheating be reading the Farmer’s Almanac, which tends to be right way more than the Met, NASA, UN IPCC, and other alarmist groups are. Forget about your PR blitzes, “spreading awareness” campaigns, your advocacy, your stunts, and tell us what will happen. If you’re correct, for a change, maybe people will start to believe you again.
Oh, and a second challenge:
- How much will you reduce your fossil fuels usage by?
- Will you give up fossil fuels altogether?
- Will you go “carbon neutral?”
- Will you start taking 2 minute showers?
- Will you give up your ice maker?
- Will you promise to unplug every appliance when not in use?
- Will you shop local?
Those are just a few of the things you can do to practice what you preach. Will you do it?
How did we end up in a world where Big Gulps are being banned in New York while the welcome mat for potheads is being rolled out in Colorado? How...Read More
The New York Post says EVERYBODY PANIC! It’s official. It’s getting hot down here. And if we don’t stop burning
This may shock many of my conservative fans, but I cannot remain quiet about my support for the singularly brilliant