Greenpeace Cofounder Patrick Moore Lists Nine Inconvenient (for Leftists) Truths
Canadian environmentalist Patrick Moore helped found Greenpeace, but became disenchanted with the organization as it rejected science to become a “combination of extreme political ideology and religious fundamentalism rolled into one.” Via Breitbart, Moore lists a few key facts about the supposed climate change crisis Greenpeace folks would prefer you didn’t know:
1. The concentration of CO2 in the global atmosphere is lower today, even including human emissions, than it has been during most of the existence of life on Earth.
2. The global climate has been much warmer than it is today during most of the existence of life on Earth. Today we are in an interglacial period of the Pleistocene Ice Age that began 2.5 million years ago and has not ended.
3. There was an Ice Age 450 million years ago when CO2 was about 10 times higher than it is today.
4. Humans evolved in the tropics near the equator. We are a tropical species and can only survive in colder climates due to fire, clothing and shelter.
5. CO2 is the most important food for all life on earth. All green plants use CO2 to produce the sugars that provide energy for their growth and our growth. Without CO2 in the atmosphere carbon-based life could never have evolved.
6. The optimum CO2 level for most plants is about 1600 parts per million, four times higher than the level today. This is why greenhouse growers purposely inject the CO2-rich exhaust from their gas and wood-fired heaters into the greenhouse, resulting in a 40-80 per cent increase in growth.
7. If human emissions of CO2 do end up causing significant warming (which is not certain) it may be possible to grow food crops in northern Canada and Russia, vast areas that are now too cold for agriculture.
8. Whether increased CO2 levels cause significant warming or not, the increased CO2 levels themselves will result in considerable increases in the growth rate of plants, including our food crops and forests.
9. There has been no further global warming for nearly 18 years during which time about 25 per cent of all the CO2 ever emitted by humans has been added to the atmosphere.
Liberals have nothing but theories and computer models based on those theories to prop up their belief that human activity causes global warming. Even if it does, it is highly debatable whether global warming is bad. The belief that government can impose an unchanging optimal temperature is insane.
Allowing unscrupulous politicians to plunder our wealth, reduce our standard of living, and curtail our liberty in the name of an unsupported, politically motivated theory is equally insane.
On a tip from Jester. Cross-posted at Moonbattery.
In yet another example of how our society discriminates against men, a Texas man is being forced to pay tens of thousands of dollars in child support. And while that...Read More
The New York Post says EVERYBODY PANIC! It’s official. It’s getting hot down here. And if we don’t stop burning
This may shock many of my conservative fans, but I cannot remain quiet about my support for the singularly brilliant