by John Hawkins | March 18, 2018 5:48 am
Free speech has become a conservative idea by default because liberals don’t believe in it any more. Liberals have given up on the idea of coming up with the best argument and now work tirelessly to silence their opposition so they can win the argument by default. Liberals NEED to do this because their ideas don’t work very well in the real world and if their ideas are tested and evaluated logically, they will be rejected by most people. So, how do they get around that?
1) Libsplaining: For every guy out there mansplaining, there are probably 500 liberals libsplaining what some conservative supposedly REALLY MEANT at exactly the same time. If you’re conservative, pretty much anything you say will be reinterpreted by liberals to mean something totally different. Against welfare because you think it encourages people not to work? You must hate black people. We need to cut wasteful government programs? You despise poor people. You weren’t in love with Trump, but really didn’t like Hillary, so you voted for him? You obviously want to turn America into Nazi Germany AND you hate women. None of this would be more than an annoyance except for the fact that liberals then take their completely nonsensical interpretation of what conservatives say and present it to the world as reality. This is how, for example, tens of millions of liberals who have probably never listened to Rush Limbaugh in their entire lives think he furiously spews lies and racist rants against the poor for three hours per day. Liberals seem to be practically incapable of taking common conservative beliefs at face value because that could lead them to intellectually engage in a debate about the best way to handle a problem, which could lead them away from liberal doctrine, which could….uh, YOU’RE A RACIST! THAT’S WHY.
2) Violence: Why are the liberal fascists in ANTIFA violently protesting? They’re violently protesting that people they disagree with are allowed to speak at all. Incidentally, “people they disagree with” runs the gamut from Nazis to mainstream conservatives. Ultimately, the liberals who send death and rape threats to conservative women like Dana Loesch and Michelle Malkin have the same goal as ANTIFA. They want to use the threat of violence to convince them to quit and to intimidate other women who agree with them. The limits on it are determined in large part by what they believe they can escape punishment for doing. Not every liberal will get violent, but violent groups like ANTIFA would be nothing without friendly police departments and college campuses that turn a blind eye to their activities. When they think they can get away with it, liberals are perfectly comfortable with using violence to silence their political opponents. Keep that in mind when they demand that you give up your guns.
John Hawkins's book 101 Things All Young Adults Should Know is filled with lessons that newly minted adults need in order to get the most out of life. Gleaned from a lifetime of trial, error, and writing it down, Hawkins provides advice everyone can benefit from in short, digestible chapters.Buy Now
3) De-Platforming: If a conservative puts his opinion out there, but no one is allowed to hear it, does it really matter? Liberals have worked hard to take over newspapers, Hollywood and the schools not just to indoctrinate people with their views, but to make sure conservative views can’t get out. You’re now starting to see that same philosophy become more public at Twitter, Facebook, Google and YouTube (Owned by Google) as those social media giants become increasingly unfriendly ground for conservatives. If liberals can control whom you’re allowed to hear, they can control your thinking:
4) Political Correctness / Safe Spaces / Microaggressions: Safe spaces and microaggressions are the little sisters of political correctness, but they all serve the same purpose. They’re designed to silence people who say things liberals don’t like because “Shut up, that’s why!” You saw a great example of this with James Damore at Google who used an open forum there to make scientifically supported arguments that liberals didn’t like about women in STEM and then was fired for it. That’s the perfect world for liberals. They win by default without having to defend their arguments at all because the other side isn’t allowed to say anything except liberal-approved talking points.
5) Liberal Fakes: Besides Fox News and a few conservative newspapers, it’s rare to see a genuine conservative presence in the mainstream media. The vast majority of people who bring you the “conservative” point of view in the MSM are weak-kneed moderates at best and liberals at worst. The role of these conservatives, who seldom have any real support on the Right, is to agree with liberals about how terrible Republicans are while occasionally making watered-down arguments about issues that won’t offend the Left too much. People like David Brooks, David Frum, Brett Stephens, Max Boot, Michael Gerson, Jennifer Rubin, Kathleen Parker, etc. are not there to represent conservatives; they’re phonies there to give the false impression that even conservatives disagree with conservative policies.
6) False Labeling: In America, there are certain groups that the vast majority of us simply ignore. We don’t pay any attention to their arguments because nobody much cares what an actual white supremacist, Nazi, Fascist or racist has to say. So naturally, if you listen to liberals, other than them, pretty much everyone is a white supremacist, Nazi, fascist or racist. They go on about it so much that you’d think we were simultaneously in the pre-Civil War Years, Nazi Germany and Mussolini’s Italy all at the same time. Typically, the evidence for this Nazi renaissance in America is little more than the fact that there are people who disagree with liberal policies along with comments that would be shrugged off or ignored if a liberal had said them.
7) The Ventriloquist Dummy: See Cindy Sheehan, the Parkland Kids, Graeme Frost and to a certain extent, even Barack Obama. Liberals LOVE to find someone you’re not supposed to criticize to stick up front when there’s a hot political issue. The latest ones are David Hogg and the other Parkland kids they’re putting on TV as much as possible to push for gun control. They make their arguments and…you’re not supposed to respond because other kids who may not have agreed with them at all, were killed. Meanwhile, David Hogg and company are exploiting their dead classmates to get on TV and repeat the same boring talking points every other liberal does. Despite the fact he was President, liberals even tried to do this with Barack Obama. Conservatives are opposing Obama’s gun control? Well, what do you expect since it was proposed by a BLACK MAN? Obama shouldn’t let ISIS run wild in Iraq. Of course you’re saying that since Obama is a BLACK MAN. Liberals treat being black like a get-out-of-criticism free card unless the black American in question is conservative. Then, the liberal knives come out. Otherwise, it’s shut up, shut up, shut up.
Source URL: http://rightwingnews.com/column-2/7-techniques-liberals-use-silence-conservatives/
Copyright ©2018 John Hawkins' Right Wing News unless otherwise noted.