Elie Hirschfeld: Inspiration to Stay Fit and Just Do It!
Staying fit is a constant challenge for anyone who is busy — I find for myself working out regularly and sweating makes all aspects of life better.: : Simply releases pressure, allows the body to function better (hence the mind also should).
Had a meeting today with: Elie Hirschfeld: — he is a 62 year old real estate developer — who is , participating in this weekend’s Ironman U.S. Championship.: : Its 140.6 miles — consisting of a 2.4-mile swim; a 112-mile bike ride — and then a full marathon.: : I really left the meeting in awe as he detailed for me his workout routine and sheer determination.: : Some tips he left me with I am still thinking about hours later:
- Stay focused — It has to be a regular routine and not something that comes and goes
- Be Diverse in the exercise — he spoke of needing to switch things up both for training purposes and to work different body parts
- Don’t Get Hurt:: : Know your body, and understand when to ice and when to heat.: : Stretch and massage.
- Be Goal Oriented — Having a focus and a goal means you push yourself more
- Be proud and enjoy — it’s all part of life’s ventures.: : Have fun and enjoy along the way.
Elie Hirschfeld: has completed more than 75 triathlons’ — and told me he wanted to retire after he completed the Israman Ironman Triathlon — but with this competition in NYC he had to “unretire”.: : The man is committed to so much — even today he was hard at work in his 5th: Avenue Real estate office — and from his real estate to a slew of charities simply left me so inspired had to document it.
Now go and just do it and don’t think about it. Do it.: : (And: Elie Hirschfeld: — Thanks for the inspiration).
Ronn Torossian is CEO of 5WPR, a leading: PR firm.
Tragedy struck the family of a two year old in eastern China’s Jiangsu Province when their toddler was mauled and then eaten by a pig. It is suspected that the...Read More
The Obama administration is showing it can be tough on foreign policy. Unfortunately, that toughness is not directed at Russia
At the moment, national polls show Herman Cain leading or tied for the lead in the race for the Republican