If God Doesn’t Judge Us, He’ll Have to Apologize to Sodom
I have to admit that when Obama “won” re-election I became more depressed than Madonna’s audience was when they were forced to watch her strip the other night. For God’s sake, Madonna, put some material on that mess, material girl. I guess she’s going to follow Cher’s path and torture us with her exhibitionism ‘til she takes the big dirt nap. Like a virgin? Yeah … right. More like a sturgeon. Hang it up, Madge … you’re scaring the children. Anyway, back to my post-election depression.
As I was saying, giddy I was not that Obama secured a second term via Fieldworks, entitlement mooks and the sponge-brained propaganda swillers of the ludicrous Left … but he did. And for that I must concede that if there is a God and this God is defined by the contents of the sacred Scripture, then this God must be really ticked off at the U.S. because He allowed, in His sovereignty, for us to be saddled with four more years of an administration that blows worse than Hurricane Sandy.
Yep, for those who take their cue from the Bible, you must have noticed that anytime God wanted to wake His wayward nation the heck up because they were belligerently ignoring His statutes, He usually appointed a crappy leader who brought their nation down to Chinatown through bad dictates.
Sure, God sometimes plagued His contumacious people with frogs or hemorrhoids or let enemy nations batter them unmercifully, but on many occasions He simply let them be governed by a daft king, some Moronosaurus Rex who ignored God’s ways and led Israel into a moral and economic ditch. That’s right. You heard me. God allowed it to happen. Not El Diablo, but God.
Personally, I don’t know why God hasn’t whooshed us completely off the map by now. I do know that if He doesn’t kick our backside for us showing Him our backside that–forgive me Lord–He owes Sodom and Gomorrah a big apology.
So, what can we do? Here are five musts that’ll get us on a decent footing with our compass pointing true north again.
1. As people of faith, we can quit sucking our thumb in the fetal position and wetting our big Christian diaper. God never promised us a rose garden–especially when our nation snubs its nose at His commands.: It’s going to get rough, so I suggest putting on a cup and quit crying like a wuss.
2. Before we go on whining and moaning about the Left’s wantonness, we’d better make dang certain that our house is in order, eh Church Lady?
3. We might want to recommit our lives to God and our God-honoring founding docs and not give any wannabe leader who does not hold our Constitution in the highest esteem, on the left or right, our hearts and votes. Duh.
4. All the Pollyanna Christians out there who voted for this anti-biblical mess, you should be ashamed and hit yourself in the head with a sledgehammer. Repeatedly.
5. Lather, rinse and repeat steps one through four.
Look, the only hope I hold out for America is that God, at the end of the day, is extremely merciful. And therein lies my solitary confidence because we deserve to get our clock cleaned for how we’ve behaved and not receive a second chance.
In my obnoxious opinion I believe He’s going to allow us to sweat it for a few more years just to be certain that our repentance isn’t specious and our commitment to His governance is steadfast. I think that He thinks we’re full of it and truly don’t want to go His way, and the only way to ferret us out is to see if we’ll stick with His program over time or if we will simply cave in and bow and kiss the ring of stale statism.
And that, my friend, is a story that’s yet to be told.
Check out my latest video on: how Allen West got scammed by Obama’s Fieldworks.
When liberals look at the poor, first and foremost, they see people who will vote for them in exchange for goodies. This gives liberals a perverse incentive to keep as...Read More
When you were a kid, do you ever remember your mother asking you, “if your friends jumped off a bridge,
Yesterday, I ran across an article in USA Today that should have created a firestorm of controversy. Apparently, Congress has