Ronn Torossian: Celebrate Heroic Sheldon Adelson & Miriam Adelson
Sheldon Adelson: is a great entrepreneur, philanthropist and patriot.
- What does President Obama say about a man who grew up dirt poor, slept in the same room as his parents and whole family and has by his own hard, honest work taking risks and making many sacrifices today become one of the wealthiest men in the world?
- What does the American President say about a man who not only embraces equality— but his wife owns 26.9% of his company? (He owns 26.3% and his wife is involved with all aspects of his business. One wonders how many of Obama’s liberal donors embrace these values — surely not uber-Obama donor, 82 year old George Soros who recently married a 40 year old.)
- What does Obama say of a man whose medical foundation donates hundreds of millions of dollars annually to: a model of open: and highly integrated collaboration research projects dedicated to healing cancer research, immunological diseases, neural repair and rehabilitation?
- What does the American President say of a man who says as his country is threatened: “I really don’t care about Iran — I care about the future of my country”? (Contrast that with Obama’s billionaire Soros who said recently:: “The main obstacle to a stable and just world order is the United States.”
- What does Obama say of a man who is the largest private donor to the Holocaust Museum in the world?
This week in a disgusting, unfair and inappropriate gesture the Obama campaign issued a statement against Sheldon Adelson. Adelson is a patriotic hero who should be celebrated for all he has done for this great nation. Adelson is also a private citizen — should private citizens expect to be attacked by Obama if they “dare” to oppose him? Will he next sentence people to Guantanamo Bay if they oppose him?
Adelson once asked as his wealth increased,: “Why is it fair that I should be paying a higher percentage of taxes than anyone else?” Is there something wrong with a hard-working man wanting to pay less taxes? Adelson donates hundreds of millions — shouldn’t he be allowed to pick his charities in a world of free enterprise?
In their fundraising material,: the Obama campaign said: “We don’t have Sheldon Adelson, and with all due respect, we don’t want him.” Can anyone believe they don’t want his money?
Sheldon Adelson is a hero who should be thanked by all Americans for everything he does and has done for our great country.
Ronn Torossian: is CEO of a leading: PR firm, and Author of “For Immediate Release: Shape Minds, Build Brands, and Deliver Results with Game-Changing Public Relations” which is available at bookstores nationwide.