The Two Year Old’s Tantrum That Never Ends
It’s been more than a year and a 1/2 since the 2000 elections and we still have Democrats stamping their feet and claiming “it’s not fair” that the Gorebot lost. I guess it’s not surprising that many of the same people who think “tag” is too traumatic for kids can’t deal with losing a close election. The latest: Clarence Page column: is just another attempt by the Democrats to rewrite history…
“(A) Scalia-led majority of the high court interrupted Florida’s recount of George W. Bush’s contested victory over Al Gore. In that case, as Mr. Dooley might say, the Supreme Court not only followed but actually decided the election returns.
Here’s a question that the Democrats never really answer; how many times do the exact same ballots have to be recounted before the Democrats will concede that Bush won? Let’s recap shall we?
– Bush won the first machine recount.
– Bush won the 2nd machine recount.
– Bush won when the absentee votes were added in. Incidentally, this should have been the end of it according to Florida law written before the election.
– Bush won the recount mandated by the Florida State Supreme Court that was ruled unconstitutional by the USSC 9-0. The USSC then ruled another FSSC recount unconstitutional 7-2 and stopped any further recounts via a 5-4 vote.
– Bush won the recount after the election done by the: Miami Herald. Here’s a headline and the first paragraph…
“REVIEW SHOWS BALLOTS SAY BUSH
Republican George W. Bush’s victory in Florida, which gave him the White House, almost certainly would have endured even if a recount stopped by the U.S. Supreme Court had been allowed to go forward.”
– Bush also won a 2nd recount done after the election by eight media groups. Here’s what the: New York Times, certainly not a Bush supporting paper, had to say about that. I am quoting the headline and the first paragraph…
“Study of Disputed Florida Ballots Finds Justices Did Not Cast the Deciding Vote
A comprehensive review of the uncounted Florida ballots from last year’s presidential election reveals that George W. Bush would have won even if the United States Supreme Court had allowed the statewide manual recount of the votes that the Florida Supreme Court had ordered to go forward”
Now again I’ll ask the question; how many times do the exact same ballots have to be recounted before the Democrats will concede that Bush won? Bush won, Gore lost, and it’s time to admit that and go on. Maybe the Democrats should take a lesson from Richard Nixon since he showed a lot more class and grace back in: 1960: than the Democrats are showing today. Here’s why he didn’t challenge the election results of that controversial race…
“I could think of no worse example for nations abroad, who for the first time were trying to put free electoral procedures into effect, than that of the United States wrangling over the results of our presidential election, and even suggesting that the presidency itself could be stolen by thievery at the ballot box.”
Leave it to Al Gore and today’s Democratic party to look small and petty compared to ‘Tricky Dick.”
This dad punches the crap out of two girls attacking his daughter. Tell me you wouldn’t do the same if a pack of thugs were beating on your child. I...Read More
I spent Thanksgiving debating at the Oxford Union. Oxford University is the most prestigious university in the world. And the
Stopping Obama From Ignoring You and Bypassing Congress to Radically Transform America: An Interview With Phil Kerpen
Phil Kerpen is the vice president for policy at Americans for Prosperity. This week, I had an opportunity to do
Some of you are probably done with ABC News over the George Stephanopoulos embarrassment. Of course, you wouldn’t be wrong