DU Today: Why Do We Need Private Insurers? Off With Their Heads!
Hey, look, DUmmies telling the truth!
Lerkfish: THERE IS NO NEED FOR PRIVATE INSURERS TO EXIST if we had socialized medicine they would be irrelevant. That is what they fear, and why they spend billions influencing legislation.
Let the fun and games begin!
- IF OUR NATION HAD ACTED RESPONSIBLY HISTORICALLY NO INSURANCE INDUSTRY WOULD BE NEEDED
- From 1980 mostly Reaganomics. It’s finally working. If you make getting sick expensive enough, people will just die instead. (ah. It’s Reagan’s fault. Gotcha)
- I realized that years ago… … that the GOP would rather have the middle class die before they could ever make a Social Security, or any type of insurance claim.
- But we are led to believe the enemy of the American people is a group of terrorists living in a cave. It has been my contention that America’s real enemy is a cabal of fascists living right here.
- Exactly. They are the main reason why our Health Care system is so expensive. They are for-profit, so from every dollar people pay for coverage, approx. one third of that goes to cover the overhead of a private industry. (Oh, noes, someone making money? Here’s something fun to do: ask a liberal business owner to give up most, or all, of their profits, and see how that convo goes. You just have to read the rest of comment 20. Laugh riot.)
- Health insurance is a SCAM. We’d be MUCH better off without it.
- Damn right we would. Needs to go the way of slavery and be illegal.
- especially since they are just paper pushers who deny coverage and overcharge. It is BS I agree. (Medicare and Medicaid deny claims at a higher rate than private insurers.)
- Absolutely I know many people whose lives have been ruined by having treatment delayed while attornies bickered over who would pay. (You know, those people could just pay for services rendered like with most things. Oh, wait, insurance is a way of trying to limit your out of pocket expenses. Hmmm.)
- Of course There is no need for them to exist. I wish they didn’t. Millions wish we hadn’t built up such an unsustainable system. Maybe the pending legislation will shine the light onto the criminal nature of the insurance companies and will be the ‘beginning’ of the end for them. (Then we will have the government acting as the private insurer, and denying you)
- Correct! Off with their heads! Maybe THEN they will shut up!
Well, goodness, I didn’t expect the DUmmies to go all Red Queen and stuff.
Once again, Democrats are proving that they do not understand the free market nor the law of consequences A leading
Forbes Magazine will feature a report by the Hudson Institute’s Marie-Josee Kravis who points out the fallacy of tying a
It is interesting to see how people will twist and turn reality in order to support President Obama’s socialistic healthcare