CAIR Insists That Candidates Answer 11 Questions on Muslim Interests
The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) has issued it’s new candidate questionnaire for the 2012 election season. CAIR is insisting that candidates answer to them before getting that jihadi stamp of approval, apparently.
CAIR has devised 11 questions for the candidates so that they can “empower American Muslims by increasing their political capacity and presence.” Because, you know, it is working so well for the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, after all.
Not surprisingly, the very first question is a misconstruction of the truth. Question one states (my bold):
A number of law enforcement agencies use race, ethnicity, national origin, or religion to identify and target individuals for heightened security attention even where there is no indication of wrongdoing.
This is incorrect all the way around. Profiling is not used simply because authorities feel like attacking a particular segment of the population even where there is no indication of wrongdoing. The whole reason profiling works, when and if it does, is because of a statistical propensity toward lawbreaking of that targeted segment.
Let’s face the facts, not all Muslims are terrorists ( a “duh” statement if there ever was one), but nearly all terrorists are Muslims in this day and age — and that is most especially true here in the USA. Is there the occasional white, anti-government domestic terrorist? Sure. But they are almost as common as hens teeth.
So right off the bat CAIR tries to warp the truth to its ideological cause, that of paving the way for the destruction of the USA as it is and offering as its replacement a Caliphate based on sharia law.
In any case, it would be much smarter for candidates to ignore CAIR’s attempts to warp our political process toward their ultimately anti-American ends. They would be well advised to ignore these questionnaires.
The Full Questionnaire:
1) Racial and Religious Profiling/Homeland Security: A number of law enforcement agencies use race, ethnicity, national origin, or religion to identify and target individuals for heightened security attention even where there is no indication of wrongdoing. Do you feel relying on these types of characteristics is an effective tactic for protecting America? If not, then what methods do you endorse?
2) Transportation Security (No Fly List): Many Americans report being subject to additional screening when traveling by air or through U.S. borders as a result being incorrectly placed on one of several government watch lists. Would you provide an effective, expeditious means through which persons placed on a government watch list could have themselves removed?
3) Immigration Reform: Do you favor an immigration reform package that includes a path to legalization, an increase in family visas, and restrictions on the lengths of detentions? If not, what would you do differently?
4) International 1 (Afghanistan): What is your plan for bringing our troops home from Afghanistan without sacrificing American prestige and regional stability?
5) International 2 (Arab Spring): Popular protests and upheavals across the Middle East and North Africa have toppled authoritarian regimes and provided new hope that democracy will emerge in the region. How will your administration support this ongoing process of regional democratization?
6) Healthcare (Insurance Coverage): What is your solution to the twin problems of rising healthcare costs and large numbers of uninsured people?
7) Government Benefits (Social Security and Medicare): How would you oversee the administration of the nation’s Medicare and Social Security benefits?
8) Education: In December 2010, the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OCED) released a report that lists our nation’s high school students 25th among industrial world nations in math, 17th in science, and 14th in reading, while China’s Shanghai topped the charts. What is your plan for effectively educating our children and keeping our workforce internationally competitive?
9) Economic Empowerment 1 (National Debt): The United States lost its top-tier AAA credit rating from Standard & Poor’s in August 2011, and the national debt stands at $14.71 trillion. Many candidates have stated that they will eliminate the national debt and restore America’s credit rating without cutting government services to the neediest. How will you solve the debt crisis?
10) Economic Empowerment 2 (Revitalizing Economy): The current economic downturn, lack of trust in the financial market, and high unemployment rate has left far too many Americans struggling. What is your plan for the revitalizing the economy and reducing poverty in the United States?
11) Civil Liberties (Protecting Civil Liberties): Following the February 2011 reauthorization of the USA PATRIOT ACT, and revelations about the FBI and NYPD-CIA respectively carrying out domestic spying programs, civil liberties groups and Members of Congress continue to raise concerns over government intrusiveness into private life and the post 9/11 erosion of civil liberties. What measures will you implement to ensure the protection of the civil liberties enjoyed by Americans?
After his 20-year old son overdosed on drugs, Mike Stollings decided to post a photo of his body at the funeral home on Facebook out of grief and guilt. The...Read More
Warner Todd Huston
Warner Todd Huston is a Chicago-based freelance writer, has been writing opinion editorials and social criticism since early 2001 and is featured on many websites such as Andrew Breitbart's BigGovernment.com, BigJournalsim.com and all Breitbart News' other sites, RightWingNews.com, CanadaFreePress.com, and many, many others. Additionally, he has been a frequent guest on talk-radio programs across the country to discuss his opinion editorials and current events as well as appearing on TV networks such as CNN, Fox News, Fox Business Network, and various Chicago-based news programs. He has also written for several history magazines and appears in the book "Americans on Politics, Policy and Pop Culture" which can be purchased on amazon.com. He is also the owner and operator of PubliusForum.com. Feel free to contact him with any comments or questions : EMAIL Warner Todd Huston and follow him on Twitter, on Google Plus , and Facebook.
Happy Sunday! I had every intention this morning to write about a different topic. Perhaps about illegal immigration or climate
One would think that a teacher that had 30 some years ago allegedly impregnated a 16-year-old student, a few years
-By Warner Todd Huston One-time Disney cutie Amanda Bynes was pulled over for drunk driving in Hollyweird this week. What