Illinois Ranks as One of Worst States for Losing Citizens
Illinois keeps racking up those plaudits as the worst of the worst states in the country, this time coming in second of the top states for outward migration. Illinois has seen more of its citizens fleeing its failing edifice than every other state but New Jersey.
This list is maintained by one of the nation’s largest moving companies, United Van Lines and is compiled every year as the company tracks the migrations statistics of the nation.
“As the nation’s largest household goods mover, United’s shipment data illustrates national state-to-state migration trends,” Carl Walter, vice president of United Van Lines said in a statement. “We’ve been tracking the number of inbound and outbound domestic moves for nearly 40 years, and through our study are able to identify the states that are attracting or losing residents.”
The moving company found that for the fourth straight year, Oregon has been one of the states most moved to, this year taking the top spot after spending four years in second place. Following Oregon, South and then North Carolina won second and third places. Also on the list of the most desirable states to move to was Washington DC, South Dakota, Nevada, Texas, and Colorado.
But for the last two years the worst list remained steady with New Jersey and then Illinois coming in as the worst of the worst. New York was third worst with West Virginia coming in at fourth. New Jersey, Illinois and New York have topped the list for several years.
So, once again, Illinois comes in at one of the worst states in the USA to live in–no surprise because the Land of Lincoln comes in at the bottom of nearly every indicator of a successful and desirable state.
Here are just a few more of the “low lights” of Illinois’ standing among the states:
- Illinois has the most underfunded pensions in the country and faces a deficit growth of $17 million per day.
- The state also has the worst funded teachers pensions in the country.
- Illinois was identified as one of the worst states in the union for its oppressive, jobs-killing lawsuit climate
- Illinois had more home foreclosures than almost every other state.
- Illinois ranks as the 49th worst debtor state in the nation.
- Illinois was ranked the 48th worst state for business.
- Illinois ranked 48th for unemployment making it among the worst five states for joblessness.
- Its government also has one of the worst rankings for state transparency and accountability in the nation, too.
- As to big city stats, Chicago tops the nation with the highest unemployment rate.
- Illinois has the worst credit rating
- Illinois Tops Nation in Growth of Food Stamp Recipients
- Mercatus: Illinois ranks at the bottom of the most free states
(H/T Marathon Pundit)
Warner Todd Huston
Warner Todd Huston is a Chicago-based freelance writer, has been writing opinion editorials and social criticism since early 2001 and is featured on many websites such as Andrew Breitbart's BigGovernment.com, BigJournalsim.com and all Breitbart News' other sites, RightWingNews.com, CanadaFreePress.com, and many, many others. Additionally, he has been a frequent guest on talk-radio programs across the country to discuss his opinion editorials and current events as well as appearing on TV networks such as CNN, Fox News, Fox Business Network, and various Chicago-based news programs. He has also written for several history magazines and appears in the book "Americans on Politics, Policy and Pop Culture" which can be purchased on amazon.com. He is also the owner and operator of PubliusForum.com. Feel free to contact him with any comments or questions : EMAIL Warner Todd Huston and follow him on Twitter, on Google Plus , and Facebook.
INFOGRAPHIC: Worst States for Property Taxes–New Jersey, Illinois, New Hampshire–Where Does YOUR State Rank?
The Tax Foundation has a new chart out showing where each state is on the general property tax scale. Having
Who profits from the electric car subsidies? This should make the Occupiers unhappy, but, since they support Obama and the
And the 90% liberal media went ballistic, as did the liberal blogs……oh, wait, sorry, I meant crazy Joe Biden said