Obama’s Healthcare Give Away to Union Special Interests

One of Obamacare’s new rules states that if your employer finds it necessary to change healthcare providers to a more cost effective plan they will lose their federal health plan exemptions. This will cause employers to drop employees from health plans forcing workers onto government sponsored plans. So much for Obama’s hoary idea that you can “keep your doctor if you like him.”

Of course, this harmful new rule only applies to 80 percent of America’s workforce because the other 20 percent, those that are union members, are getting a special deal from their pal Barack Obama.

At issue is the definition of the “grandfathered” health plan which is different for those plans initiated by collective bargaining and those simply instituted by an employer. The requirements for unions have been made far less stringent than those of non-union employers.

So, while non-union employers will be faced with being stuck with the plans they have with no ability to change them to more cost effective plans or face losing them altogether, unions won’t be held to those same restrictions and can change plans at will.

As the article at Investor’s Business Daily reports, “69% of employer plans — 80% for small firms — would forfeit grandfather rights in the worst-case scenario.”

Once again we see the Obama administration making it harder on the business community, giving breaks and handouts to unions, and lying about the fact that his Obamacare policies are anything less than a full government takeover of America’s healthcare system.

Warner Todd Huston

Warner Todd Huston is a Chicago-based freelance writer, has been writing opinion editorials and social criticism since early 2001 and is featured on many websites such as Andrew Breitbart's BigGovernment.com, BigJournalsim.com and all Breitbart News' other sites, RightWingNews.com, CanadaFreePress.com, and many, many others. Additionally, he has been a frequent guest on talk-radio programs across the country to discuss his opinion editorials and current events as well as appearing on TV networks such as CNN, Fox News, Fox Business Network, and various Chicago-based news programs. He has also written for several history magazines and appears in the book "Americans on Politics, Policy and Pop Culture" which can be purchased on amazon.com. He is also the owner and operator of PubliusForum.com. Feel free to contact him with any comments or questions : EMAIL Warner Todd Huston and follow him on Twitter, on Google Plus , and Facebook.

Related Articles

7

Obama Seriously Considers Minting 1 Trillion Dollar Coin To Get Around The Debt Ceiling

FacebookTwitterEmail Legally, Obama can’t do this without the approval of Congress, but when has that ever stopped him? The Obama

1

Things I Learned Watching The Joy Behar Show

Well, actually reading about Joy’s show on sites such as Hot Air and Newsbusters, since like 99.5 percent of America I’ve never actually watched it (except for possibly a few minutes while trapped in an airport). But still, the good work and ingratiating tone of this breakthrough in television programming is getting out, even through osmosis

9

Video: Stop Obama and His Union Bosses!

FacebookTwitterEmail Courtesy of the Republican National Committee… This is exactly right. While every state is drowning in debt, Barack Obama

Share This

Share this post with your friends!