Stunning Revelations From ACORN Whistleblower Anita MonCrief
ACORN whistleblower Anita MonCrief offers stunning revelations regarding the nation’s largest radical left organization, where our Community Activist in Chief cut his teeth. The supposedly nonpartisan organization has been illegally pouring taxpayer money into Democrat causes, letting $millions disappear, and renting out goons for intimidation campaigns, while the New York Times deliberately looks the other way.
ACORN and Project Vote are the same organization. MonCrief drew a paycheck from Project Vote, but was given an ACORN email address. Via Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, her testimony before Congress covers the following:
• November 2007 — Project Vote contacted by Obama presidential campaign
• Project Vote received Obama donor list from Obama campaign
• Project Vote solicited Obama donors to pay for voter registration and to “get out the vote”
• Project Vote received donor lists from other Democratic and labor union sources: John Kerry campaign, [Hillary] Clinton campaign, Barack Obama campaign, Democratic National Committee, America Coming Together (“ACT”)
• Project Vote development plan was to “approach maxed out presidential donors” and allegedly use the funds raised for voter registration drives
• ACORN “employees” were paid through Project Vote for partisan campaign activities, such as telling voters “don’t vote for Albert Wynn (sic) or vote for this person”
• In reality, there was no division between the staff of ACORN and Project Vote and persons working for one entity performed work for either or both organizations
• ACORN chose the states in which Project Vote would conduct voter registration drives, based on political considerations
• Registration drives (by Project Vote) conducted in “battleground states” where “by coming in and registering new voters, it could change the outcome of the election”
• The Obama campaign’s donor list was part of the evidence admitted into the hearing on the injunction in October 2008
• ACORN Political is the “strategic planning arm” of ACORN, and it looks at contested congressional districts, ballot measures, initiatives like minimum wage, etc.
• Project Vote had a $28,000,000 budget which was funneled through Citizens Consulting Incorporated (“CCI”)
• CCI is an ACORN affiliated entity that receives and disburses all funds, including charitable contributions from the Rockefeller Fund, the Vanguard Charitable Endowment and other private foundations and donors, to over 175 affiliated ACORN entities
• In 2007, there was a $9,000,000 discrepancy in the ACORN affiliated accounts
Since ACORN is financed largely with government money expropriated from your paycheck, it is forbidden from participating in the partisan political activities that are its main raison d’être.
She also shed light on a rent-a-thug program called “Muscle for the Money”:
• Payments from SEIU were made to ACORN’s DC office to harass The Carlyle Group and, specifically, Mr. David Rubenstein, a founder of the company
• Even though DC ACORN had no interest in The Carlyle Group, they were paid by SEIU to go break up a banquet and protest at his house
• It was called “Muscle for Money” because they would go intimidate people and protest
• Targets of the paid protests included Sherwin-Williams, H&R Block, Jackson Hewitt and Money Mart, among others
• The purpose was to get money from the targeted entities for ACORN, to force the companies to “negotiate”
Good thing we have a Justice Department, so that large criminal enterprises like ACORN can be brought up on RICO charges like other mob outfits. Except that under Obamunism, the foxes guard the henhouse. The skeevy pro-terrorist creep we are asked to regard as the Attorney General has recently ordered that our money continue to be handed over to ACORN.
This sort of corruption and abuse of power are why we have the Fourth Estate. MonCrief went to the Newspaper of Record with her story. Big mistake:
In July of 2008, I contacted New York Times reporter Stephanie Strom [regarding ACORN’s illegal involvement with the Obama campaign]… On October 21, 2009, Strom was set to come to Washington to meet me and to receive from me proof of contact between ACORN and staff of the Obama campaign. By this time, I no longer trusted her as I had earlier and would only give the proof to her in person. I had provided Strom with the list of donors from the Obama and Clinton second quarter donor list as well a DNC, DSCC and Kerry donor lists prior to her scheduled visit. That day, Strom reported to me via a voice mail that her editors at the New York Times told her to “stand down.” In a subsequent telephone conversation that day Strom told me that it was not the policy of the New York Times to print a story that close to the election that could be considered a “game changer” for either side.
Bwahahaha! Funny, this policy didn’t stop them from running front page smear stories falsely alleging that McCain had an affair with a lobbyist. “All the News That’s Fit to Print” has become “All the Lies That Help the Radical Left Consolidate Power.”
Read the rest of MonCrief ‘s testimony, and you may agree that we are on the road to becoming a cross between the Soviet Union and a banana republic.