“The 10 Things In Economics That Everybody Should Know”
This: list: gets about 2.5 out of 10 correct. A better list:
1. People want far more at zero prices than they can possibly produce: goods and services have been, are, and almost surely always will be scarce.
2. People respond to incentives.
3. The cost of doing something is the value of the next best alternative foregone. (On the list.)
4 Sunk costs are sunk. (Or, sunk costs should be ignored in making decisions.)
5. Voluntary trade is mutually beneficial. (On the list.)
6. Market s are least-cost allocatiion mechanisms.
7. Future cash flows are worth less than nomimally equivalent current cash.
8. Inflation is, everywhere and always, caused by excessively high money growth.
This dad punches the crap out of two girls attacking his daughter. Tell me you wouldn’t do the same if a pack of thugs were beating on your child. I...Read More
Associate Professor of Economics, North Carolina State Univ.
Ruinous PLAs Coming Your Way Lucas County, Ohio! Magie Thurber is reporting that Lucas County, Ohio County Commissioner Ben Konop
Welcome to Harrisburg. Harrisburg, Pennsylvania demonstrates the future we have to look forward to if we allow the looting spree
Of course, what Team Obama really wants is more “revenue”, ie, tax increases (The Hill) The White House on Sunday