“The 10 Things In Economics That Everybody Should Know”
This: list: gets about 2.5 out of 10 correct. A better list:
1. People want far more at zero prices than they can possibly produce: goods and services have been, are, and almost surely always will be scarce.
2. People respond to incentives.
3. The cost of doing something is the value of the next best alternative foregone. (On the list.)
4 Sunk costs are sunk. (Or, sunk costs should be ignored in making decisions.)
5. Voluntary trade is mutually beneficial. (On the list.)
6. Market s are least-cost allocatiion mechanisms.
7. Future cash flows are worth less than nomimally equivalent current cash.
8. Inflation is, everywhere and always, caused by excessively high money growth.
How did we end up in a world where Big Gulps are being banned in New York while the welcome mat for potheads is being rolled out in Colorado? How...Read More
Associate Professor of Economics, North Carolina State Univ.
Truth In Accounting had an incredibly important 50 state study that needs to be broadcast far and wide. It shows
James P. Hoffa is now saying that if Obama pulls the “public option” out of his healthcare bill, it is