“The 10 Things In Economics That Everybody Should Know”
This: list: gets about 2.5 out of 10 correct. A better list:
1. People want far more at zero prices than they can possibly produce: goods and services have been, are, and almost surely always will be scarce.
2. People respond to incentives.
3. The cost of doing something is the value of the next best alternative foregone. (On the list.)
4 Sunk costs are sunk. (Or, sunk costs should be ignored in making decisions.)
5. Voluntary trade is mutually beneficial. (On the list.)
6. Market s are least-cost allocatiion mechanisms.
7. Future cash flows are worth less than nomimally equivalent current cash.
8. Inflation is, everywhere and always, caused by excessively high money growth.
Welcome to the 6th annual 20 hottest conservative new media list Men of 2014 edition. I gave the judges one rule: Set personality aside and pick the men who you...Read More
Associate Professor of Economics, North Carolina State Univ.
Last week 16 dirty New York cops went on trial for all sorts of criminal behavior. From dealing drugs, to
Thomas Sowell eviscerates one of the Left’s most cherished fables. “Trickle down” is not an economic theory. No such theory
The left’s latest, most favorite drum to beat is “income inequality” where they whine that the rich are too rich