“The 10 Things In Economics That Everybody Should Know”
This: list: gets about 2.5 out of 10 correct. A better list:
1. People want far more at zero prices than they can possibly produce: goods and services have been, are, and almost surely always will be scarce.
2. People respond to incentives.
3. The cost of doing something is the value of the next best alternative foregone. (On the list.)
4 Sunk costs are sunk. (Or, sunk costs should be ignored in making decisions.)
5. Voluntary trade is mutually beneficial. (On the list.)
6. Market s are least-cost allocatiion mechanisms.
7. Future cash flows are worth less than nomimally equivalent current cash.
8. Inflation is, everywhere and always, caused by excessively high money growth.
Facebook37kTwitter35Email1 This dad punches the crap out of two girls attacking his daughter. Tell me you wouldn’t do the same if a pack of thugs were beating on your child....Read More
Associate Professor of Economics, North Carolina State Univ.
FacebookTwitterEmail The liberals LOST in Indiana. After thousands of hate-filled emails, Tweets, and phone calls demanding that they shut down,
FacebookTwitterEmail As we wait for our 2010 state of the union address.: It seemed fitting to take a look back