“The 10 Things In Economics That Everybody Should Know”
This: list: gets about 2.5 out of 10 correct. A better list:
1. People want far more at zero prices than they can possibly produce: goods and services have been, are, and almost surely always will be scarce.
2. People respond to incentives.
3. The cost of doing something is the value of the next best alternative foregone. (On the list.)
4 Sunk costs are sunk. (Or, sunk costs should be ignored in making decisions.)
5. Voluntary trade is mutually beneficial. (On the list.)
6. Market s are least-cost allocatiion mechanisms.
7. Future cash flows are worth less than nomimally equivalent current cash.
8. Inflation is, everywhere and always, caused by excessively high money growth.
Making a man believe that his child doesn’t exist for decades is an unusually cruel thing to do. But for Tony Trapani, a secret letter he found after his wife...Read More
Associate Professor of Economics, North Carolina State Univ.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, isn’t that racist? (NY Times) The Food and Drug Administration will propose sweeping new rules on Thursday
-By Warner Todd Huston Unbelievable. In Oregon the reg’lar folks are losing their jobs right and left. And the bad
During the campaign in 2008, Barack Obama had a revealing moment in Ohio when he told Joe “The Plumber” Wurzelbacher