“The 10 Things In Economics That Everybody Should Know”
This: list: gets about 2.5 out of 10 correct. A better list:
1. People want far more at zero prices than they can possibly produce: goods and services have been, are, and almost surely always will be scarce.
2. People respond to incentives.
3. The cost of doing something is the value of the next best alternative foregone. (On the list.)
4 Sunk costs are sunk. (Or, sunk costs should be ignored in making decisions.)
5. Voluntary trade is mutually beneficial. (On the list.)
6. Market s are least-cost allocatiion mechanisms.
7. Future cash flows are worth less than nomimally equivalent current cash.
8. Inflation is, everywhere and always, caused by excessively high money growth.
Facebook60.9kTwitter109Email0 Close-quarters combat just got a little more deadly with the introduction of this gas-injection knife. It allows you to inject compressed gasses into whatever you stab, effectively blowing it...Read More
Associate Professor of Economics, North Carolina State Univ.
FacebookTwitterEmail Big Labor has, for the most part, fallen all over itself to help its patron President get his Obamacare
FacebookTwitterEmail Obama’s intrusive National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), the government regulatory agency responsible for making rules to govern the relationship
FacebookTwitterEmail Billionaire boys with very expensive toys want to come play in the San Francisco bay for the 2013 America’s