“The 10 Things In Economics That Everybody Should Know”
This: list: gets about 2.5 out of 10 correct. A better list:
1. People want far more at zero prices than they can possibly produce: goods and services have been, are, and almost surely always will be scarce.
2. People respond to incentives.
3. The cost of doing something is the value of the next best alternative foregone. (On the list.)
4 Sunk costs are sunk. (Or, sunk costs should be ignored in making decisions.)
5. Voluntary trade is mutually beneficial. (On the list.)
6. Market s are least-cost allocatiion mechanisms.
7. Future cash flows are worth less than nomimally equivalent current cash.
8. Inflation is, everywhere and always, caused by excessively high money growth.
Facebook61.1kTwitter109Email1 Close-quarters combat just got a little more deadly with the introduction of this gas-injection knife. It allows you to inject compressed gasses into whatever you stab, effectively blowing it...Read More
Associate Professor of Economics, North Carolina State Univ.
FacebookTwitterEmail Recently the enviro-centric group Greenpeace issued an extensive report scolding the “dirty” energy choices made by tech giants like
FacebookTwitterEmail The epidemic of home foreclosures has been made far worse than necessary due to the banks’ unwillingness to work
FacebookTwitterEmail There has been much speculation in the media on why Obama’s current scandal of the IRS targeting conservative groups