“The 10 Things In Economics That Everybody Should Know”
This: list: gets about 2.5 out of 10 correct. A better list:
1. People want far more at zero prices than they can possibly produce: goods and services have been, are, and almost surely always will be scarce.
2. People respond to incentives.
3. The cost of doing something is the value of the next best alternative foregone. (On the list.)
4 Sunk costs are sunk. (Or, sunk costs should be ignored in making decisions.)
5. Voluntary trade is mutually beneficial. (On the list.)
6. Market s are least-cost allocatiion mechanisms.
7. Future cash flows are worth less than nomimally equivalent current cash.
8. Inflation is, everywhere and always, caused by excessively high money growth.
Associate Professor of Economics, North Carolina State Univ.
Forget about Executive Amnesty for a moment. Forget about repealing The Unaffordable Careless Act. Forget about who is going to
The Boston Globe is reporting that wait times are growing for citizens of Massachusetts to get in to see their
A county canvas of votes for Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice is finished and the result shows that Judge David Prosser,