“The 10 Things In Economics That Everybody Should Know”
This: list: gets about 2.5 out of 10 correct. A better list:
1. People want far more at zero prices than they can possibly produce: goods and services have been, are, and almost surely always will be scarce.
2. People respond to incentives.
3. The cost of doing something is the value of the next best alternative foregone. (On the list.)
4 Sunk costs are sunk. (Or, sunk costs should be ignored in making decisions.)
5. Voluntary trade is mutually beneficial. (On the list.)
6. Market s are least-cost allocatiion mechanisms.
7. Future cash flows are worth less than nomimally equivalent current cash.
8. Inflation is, everywhere and always, caused by excessively high money growth.
Associate Professor of Economics, North Carolina State Univ.
I’ll say it again, Democrats want to go off the fiscal cliff. : They’ll get their tax increases — $600 billion
Well, Obama can surely not count on doctors to back him in his re-election bid. Huffington Post’s Harry Bradford: posted on
Yes, yes, I know, we are supposed to be boycotting The Politico for their idiotic lawsuit threat against The College