“The 10 Things In Economics That Everybody Should Know”
This: list: gets about 2.5 out of 10 correct. A better list:
1. People want far more at zero prices than they can possibly produce: goods and services have been, are, and almost surely always will be scarce.
2. People respond to incentives.
3. The cost of doing something is the value of the next best alternative foregone. (On the list.)
4 Sunk costs are sunk. (Or, sunk costs should be ignored in making decisions.)
5. Voluntary trade is mutually beneficial. (On the list.)
6. Market s are least-cost allocatiion mechanisms.
7. Future cash flows are worth less than nomimally equivalent current cash.
8. Inflation is, everywhere and always, caused by excessively high money growth.
Associate Professor of Economics, North Carolina State Univ.
DESPICABLE! MSNBC’s Thomas Roberts Shamefully Exploits Teen Girls to Slam Ryan Vote on Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act
Towards the close of today’s MSNBC Live, anchor Thomas Roberts presented a segment featuring three New Jersey teenage girls who
The American Petroleum institute has outlined important public policy considerations in light of Congress hinting at a shift in energy
The rap on Democrats is that they fully misunderstand what the relationship should be between citizen and government. Many claim