“The 10 Things In Economics That Everybody Should Know”
This: list: gets about 2.5 out of 10 correct. A better list:
1. People want far more at zero prices than they can possibly produce: goods and services have been, are, and almost surely always will be scarce.
2. People respond to incentives.
3. The cost of doing something is the value of the next best alternative foregone. (On the list.)
4 Sunk costs are sunk. (Or, sunk costs should be ignored in making decisions.)
5. Voluntary trade is mutually beneficial. (On the list.)
6. Market s are least-cost allocatiion mechanisms.
7. Future cash flows are worth less than nomimally equivalent current cash.
8. Inflation is, everywhere and always, caused by excessively high money growth.
A black judge in Kentucky has given two home invaders and armed robbers a light sentence because he feels that their three-year-old white victim was a “racist” because in her...Read More
Associate Professor of Economics, North Carolina State Univ.
Voters do not like taxes. So, National Public Radio in New Hampshire seems to have thought it would be nice
Facing the prospect of a definitive rejection at the polls this November, Democrats are scrambling to change their spots. Barney
On the campaign trail, now President Obama regularly excoriated lobbyists. He said he’d make the government “open and transparent” and