“The 10 Things In Economics That Everybody Should Know”
This: list: gets about 2.5 out of 10 correct. A better list:
1. People want far more at zero prices than they can possibly produce: goods and services have been, are, and almost surely always will be scarce.
2. People respond to incentives.
3. The cost of doing something is the value of the next best alternative foregone. (On the list.)
4 Sunk costs are sunk. (Or, sunk costs should be ignored in making decisions.)
5. Voluntary trade is mutually beneficial. (On the list.)
6. Market s are least-cost allocatiion mechanisms.
7. Future cash flows are worth less than nomimally equivalent current cash.
8. Inflation is, everywhere and always, caused by excessively high money growth.
Making a man believe that his child doesn’t exist for decades is an unusually cruel thing to do. But for Tony Trapani, a secret letter he found after his wife...Read More
Associate Professor of Economics, North Carolina State Univ.
In yesterday’s Fish Wrap Of Record there were a total of 3 opinion pieces whining about Republicans taking Obama’s “you
The cake controversies are continuing but this time in reverse as a Christian pastor who asked a “gay” bakery to
Obviously, this must be the fault of George Bush, Ronald Reagan, Republicans, international issues, tornadoes, tsunamis, earthquakes, and ATMs. Nothing