Today In Britain: Your Future Under Obamacare Tomorrow!
The government rationing medical services to save money? If you listen to liberals, it’ll NEVER happen. Yet in Britain, where the government runs health care, you can see what our future looks like if Obamacare isn’t repealed.
Two-thirds of health trusts in England are rationing treatments for “non-urgent” conditions as part of the drive to reduce costs in the NHS by :£20bn over the next four years. One in three primary-care trusts (PCTs) has expanded the list of procedures it will restrict funding to in the past 12 months.
Examples of the rationing now being used include:
* Hip and knee replacements only being allowed where patients are in severe pain. Overweight patients will be made to lose weight before being considered for an operation.
* Cataract operations being withheld from patients until their sight problems “substantially” affect their ability to work.
* Patients with varicose veins only being operated on if they are suffering “chronic continuous pain”, ulceration or bleeding.
* Tonsillectomy (removing tonsils) only to be carried out in children if they have had seven bouts of tonsillitis in the previous year.
* Grommets to improve hearing in children only being inserted in “exceptional circumstances” and after monitoring for six months.
* Funding has also been cut in some areas for IVF treatment on the NHS.
…Bill Walters, 75, from Berkshire, recently had to wait 30 weeks for a hip operation instead of the standard 18. “I believe that the Government is doing this totally the wrong way,” he said
Wow, who’d have thought putting medical treatment in the hands of callous government officials, who are famously incompetent, wasteful, and indifferent to customer satisfaction wouldn’t have any negative ramifications? Oh yeah, that would be liberals.
At a time when America looks to be headed towards bankruptcy, we should be doing everything possible to reduce the government’s involvement in Medicare, not giving government panels more authority over American health care because, trust me, when they get desperate to cut costs, they’ll have no qualms whatsoever about ratcheting up people’s suffering or even sending them to an early grave to save a few bucks.
After his 20-year old son overdosed on drugs, Mike Stollings decided to post a photo of his body at the funeral home on Facebook out of grief and guilt. The...Read More
Time is precious for cancer patients. A needless delay in care can be a death sentence. This is a familiar
So, the new health care website was somewhat relaunched and is now a success, right? Nope. Apparently, thousands of sign-ups
Wow, the Democrats really want this bill at all costs. They’re going to get it. From The New Republic: Now