6 Things Every American Should Know About Obamacare
If you think every American should know these facts about Obamacare, do your part to spread this column around and make it happen.
1) Millions of Americans are paying much more for health care because of Obamacare. Obama’s new health care law has a lot of new requirements, restrictions, and red tape. That means the cost of plans is going up and the amount of competition in many states is going down. Because of this, the price of health care is soaring all across the country. Here are a couple of examples of how bad it is already getting.
Cindy Vinson and Tom Waschura are big believers in the Affordable Care Act. They vote independent and are proud to say they helped elect and re-elect President Barack Obama.
Yet, like many other Bay Area residents who pay for their own medical insurance, they were floored last week when they opened their bills: Their policies were being replaced with pricier plans that conform to all the requirements of the new health care law.
Vinson, of San Jose, will pay $1,800 more a year for an individual policy, while Waschura, of Portola Valley, will cough up almost $10,000 more for insurance for his family of four.
How many American families can afford an extra $10,000 a year to pay for a service that they were already receiving?
2) Millions of Americans have LOST their health care plans because of the law. One of Barack Obama’s most famous promises about Obamacare was, “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctor, you like your plan – you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.”
However, health care plans are being dropped all across the country by insurance companies because they don’t meet the minimum standards of the expensive new plans that are preferred by Obamacare. How bad has it already gotten? 800,000 Americans lost their health care plans in New Jersey alone.
3) The Obamacare website costs more than Facebook and it doesn’t work. How do you in good conscience roll out a product that just doesn’t work when people’s health is on the line? Worse yet, if the product costs this much and performs this badly, what does it tell you about how well it will work in the future? Facebook took six years to spend 500 million dollars, while the Obamacare website has already managed that same trick. Yet, the glitches on the website were so bad, that as few as five thousand Americans may have managed to sign up so far across thirty four states. When you are quite literally asking Americans to put their lives in your hands, that’s a stunning level of incompetence.
4) Obamacare is a terrible deal for young Americans. As a general rule, older Americans tend to have more experience, more money, and more assets built up. Yet, for Obamacare to work financially, young Americans have to take a big financial hit to supplement the cost of insurance for senior citizens. In fact, most young Americans would be better off getting a cheap plan that doesn’t qualify under Obamacare and paying the tax than they would signing up for an Obamacare approved plan.
A recent study by the National Center for Public Policy Research shows that:
About 3.7 million of those ages 18-34 will be at least $500 better off if they forgo insurance and pay the penalty.
More than 3 million will be $1,000 better off if they go the same route.
When young Americans are already struggling with an anemic job market, piling on these extra costs is helping to put them even further behind.
5) Americans are losing their jobs because of Obamacare. America’s economy has been sluggish throughout Obama’s entire tenure as President and according to a study by numbers guru John Lott, 97% of the jobs added to the economy this year have been part-time. Obamacare is one of the biggest reasons that’s happening. Retailers are cutting worker hours at a rate not seen in more than three decades to try to make sure their employees don’t qualify under Obamacare. Full time workers are even being cut back to part-time because 50 full time workers is the cut off for a business being forced to comply with Obamacare’s mandates. In other words, not only is Obamacare causing a lot of problems with health care, it’s hurting our economy almost as badly.
6) America is still going to have tens of millions of Americans that are uninsured. The primary selling point of Obamacare was supposed to be that everyone would have health care. In fact, we heard over and over again that we had to pass Obamacare because “Forty million Americans don’t have health care.” According to the Congressional Budget Office, guess how many Americans won’t have health care in 2023? If you guessed thirty-one million, give yourself a pat on the back.
So these soaring insurance premiums, people losing their jobs, horrific website problems, and young Americans being hit with crippling bills along with forcing Catholics to do treatments that violate their religious beliefs, upcoming doctor shortages, and government shutdowns are all so we can insure a few million more Americans over the course of a decade. Is it really worth it to hurt so many tens of millions of Americans just for that miniscule benefit?
Even though my father, brother, uncles and grandfather were in the military, I seldom handled guns growing up. That’s because unlike many of the other people in my family, I’ve...Read More
Hitler did not rise out of a vacuum: Many people assume that another Hitler can rise up in any nation,
The aftermath of Joe Wilson shouting out “You lie” at a shameless liar in the midst of a shameless lie