7 Filthy Rich Liberals Railing Against ‘The Rich’ In Quotes
One of the biggest myths in politics is that Republicans are the “party of the rich.”
If only….then the rich might be voting for us and pouring massive money into the Republican Party.
But, but, but…KOCH BROTHERS! Yes, the evil, terrible, awful Koch Brothers who live in Harry Reid’s head for free and eat the dreams of Occupy protesters. In actuality, those guys are only the 59th biggest donors in American politics. Just the six biggest union donors in American politics combined give 15 times more money than the Koch brothers have — and, of course, that money went almost exclusively to Democrats.
The rich vote Democrat as well. Eight of the ten richest congressional districts in America are represented by Democrats. Eight of the ten richest counties in America also voted for Obama.
Democrats talk about “change,” but they’re the party of stagnation. Their welfare policies keep the poor mired in poverty, crush the middle class and keep them from becoming wealthy, while doing little to impact the richest Americans. If you’re Warren Buffet or George Soros, Democrat policies don’t hurt you, but they do hamstring the next generation of entrepreneurs and keep them from ever competing with you. In other words, it’s a win/win for rich liberals.
So, how does the party of George Soros co-exist with the Occupy Movement?
Democrats go to $32,000 a plate fund raisers where they plan out their legislative agenda with plutocrats over caviar and truffles and then they turn around and denounce “the rich.” The rich Democrats line their pockets, their Republican-voting middle class competitors get blocked off from the high life, and the Occupy Crowd is content because it heard what it wants to hear. Liberal celebrities who’ve earned more acting than they could spend in ten lifetimes trash Republicans as the “party of the rich” and then vote for the party that carves out special tax benefits for them. It’s all a huge con game.
Meanwhile, Republicans get cast as the “party of the wealthy” because we believe in the free market, think low taxes produce a strong economy and because we agreed with Ronald Reagan when he said, “We’re the party that wants to see an America in which people can still get rich.”
You don’t think it’s true? You don’t think the liberals are engaged in a huge scam designed to pull the wool over the eyes of gullible socialists and low information voters who don’t know any better? Well then, maybe you’ll change your mind after seeing all these quotes from filthy rich liberals railing against “the rich.”
1) “I first would allow the guilty bankers to pay… back anything over 100 million in personal wealth because I believe in a maximum wage of 100 million dollars and if they’re unable to live on that amount then they should go to the reeducation camps, and if that doesn’t help, then be beheaded.” — Roseanne Barr. Net Worth: 80 Million.
2) “This book is about how Washington is rigged to work for those who can hire armies of lobbyists and lawyers and make sure that everything that they want gets done in Washington. The game is rigged to work for those who already have money and power.” — Elizabeth Warren. Net Worth: 14.5 million.
3) “If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.” — Barack Obama. Net Worth: 11.8 million
4) “These billionaire oil tycoons (the Koch brothers) are certainly experts at contributing to climate change. That’s what they do very well. They are one of the main causes of this.” — Harry Reid from the senate floor. Net worth: 5 million
5) “What more do they want? They have a number of homes, the bigger the yacht, da da da da da, the taller the mast, the whole thing. They have museum quality art. They want immortality. (laughter) They want so much money that their names are all, for prestige they could never get any other way, they could buy with endless money. Because what else could you possibly want?” — Nancy Pelosi. Net worth: 26.43 million
6) “How in the world do you, Mitt Romney, justify making more in one day than the median American family makes in a year while paying the effective tax rate of the guy who has to scan your shoes in the airport?” — Jon Stewart. Net worth: 80 million.
7) “It’s time to make the rich pay. Tax them! How much? Not enough! How much? Still not enough! They are thieves. They are gangsters. They are kleptomaniacs. They have tried to take our democracy and turn it into an hypocrisy.” — Michael Moore. Net Worth: 50 Million.
The Fed’s failure today to announce some sort of tapering of its QE program, despite the consensus of an overwhelming
Most Americans want government off their back. A whopping 59 percent say they’d like to send a “leave me alone”