My 50 Favorite Tweets of 2010
Every month, I put out a list of my favorite tweets from my Johnhawkinsrwn account. Since I think of Twitter as a blog, with a 140 character limit on the size of posts, that seems to work out pretty well.
Here are the best of the best: My fave tweets from 2010.
* I wonder what the consequences are of having such a youth-centric culture when the average lifespan is 78.4 years.
* Getting angry at women for liking men with money is like being angry at dogs for chasing cats. It’s instinct.
* Go forward like death’s on your heels, live in the now like there’s no tomorrow, & only look back to relive your most cherished memories
* Being an anti-Semite is incompatible with Christianity. You can’t love God and hate His chosen people.
* It’s okay for people to take charity as long as they need it and they’re ashamed to have to take it.
* Men can’t even understand what each other do. What makes us think we can truly comprehend why God does all that He does?
* Zombie flicks reveal innate optimism. They all feature 99.9% of people dying, but everyone pictures themselves surviving.
* If you have a moderate level of income & simple taste, you get to a place where there’s not a lot of new stuff you want
* Why do libs always excuse themselves from their criticisms of America? America is rich, childish, racist — but, not you?
* It’s nice to be able to take a walk after dark without having to worry about being eaten by wolves. Thanks civilization!
* The further you regularly get outside of being masculine as a man or feminine as a female, the unhappier you will become
* How to make decisions: Carefully consider the alternatives, make your best decision, don’t reconsider unless new info comes in, don’t look back. Easy.
* I’m pretty sure James Madison would see having your crotch grabbed as a condition of travel as an “unreasonable search.”
* Greed is accusing other people of being greedy because they oppose giving you more of their money to spend.
* The Swift Boat Vets told the truth, the Willie Horton ad wasn’t racist, and Max Cleland’s patriotism wasn’t challenged in his Senate race.
* You can’t have good without naming evil, rights without responsibilities, or decency without limits on behavior.
* Having a good heart can get you in trouble when you’re dealing w/ unstable people. Help if you like, but protect yourself
* I find it oddly comforting that even great & righteous men like David and Solomon sinned & fell short sometimes
* At a certain point, it makes sense to stop trying to be the exception to the rule and just adhere to the d@mn rule.
* I hate to break it to people, but if you are born a man, surgery can only make you into a deformed man, not a woman
* The goal of Republicans in Congress shouldn’t be to get gov’t to work, it should be to get gov’t off of our backs
* If the PC police wouldn’t be outraged by the things you say from the pulpit, you’re not doing your job as a pastor
* The same people who denigrate Christianity at every opportunity often turn around & bemoan the lack of decency in society
* The whole you “paid their debt to society” by going to jail thing is bogus. Jail is punishment. It doesn’t pay anything.
* In America, it’s usually the bully who says he’s a victim, the extremist who cries over extremism, & the bombthrower who demands civility.
* All you have to do to change your mood is change what you’re focused on.
* Christianity is supposed to be challenging, difficult, and cut against the grain of society. If it’s easy, it’s phony.
* Whether you’re on the wielding or receiving end of the ax has a way of changing your perspective.
* Liberal feminism: Devotion to abortion, copying the worst traits of men, & pretending to be outraged by the real world.
* Liberals find a rationale for supporting just about anything that degrades morality, tradition, and American culture.
* Government condemning business is like a tick condemning a dog for not giving it enough blood.
* Accepting that you create most of the problems in your own life is the first step towards real freedom.
* The idea that the middle path between two extremes must be the right one because it’s moderate is smug & lazy thinking
* Poor Roman Polanski. You rape a girl and these conservatives never want to let you forget it – even though you’re famous!
* Odd, but true fact: The farther off a poll is, the more attention it draws. So, the worst polls make the most news.
* Some people lash out so much when they’re angry or afraid that you can’t afford to let yourself feel sympathy for them.
* Ironically, spell checker is, over time, ruining my ability to spell
* I’ve never seen someone who wasn’t patriotic, but who did strike me as a fundamentally good & decent person.
* Dif between men & women: Does anyone think the Old Spice guy worries women like him for his body, not his mind?
* Ad: “My credit was bad, so I never thought I could get a computer AND a TV!” Maybe that shouldn’t be your top priority.
* Why do successful nations fail? Usually because they stopped doing the things that made them successful.
* All you have to do in America to be a “dangerous radical” is tell truths so obvious that a child could see them.
* If you can’t even be fake nice to me for 2 min in person, you really shouldn’t be emailing me pitches for your clients
* We need a charity that ships weaponry to Christians being murdered & persecuted in backwards parts of the world.
* While walking the dog, I saw a cat trying to sneak up on 3 buzzards. Ya gotta admire the moxie.
* Know who tells people they “don’t do drama” right off the bat? People who tend to be involved in a lot of drama.
* The average lib thinks that if we’re nice enough, we can reach an understanding with Ahmadinejad, but Rush Limbaugh can’t be reasoned with
* If 90% of what we worry about never happens, why is being positive less “realistic” than being negative?
* The solution to America’s problems isn’t new government programs, it’s scaling back the power of government.
* I’m always for my own species. I’d side with the living against the dead, people over orcs, and humans against aliens.
After his 20-year old son overdosed on drugs, Mike Stollings decided to post a photo of his body at the funeral home on Facebook out of grief and guilt. The...Read More
As you may have heard, after more than a year of giving little more than lip service to illegal immigration,
To understand evil, we must set aside the comfortable belief that we would never do anything wrong. Instead, we must