The Republican Establishment is Worse Than Trump
My latest Townhall column is called The Republican Establishment is Worse Than Trump. Here’s an excerpt from the column.
There are a lot of things I could say about Donald J. Trump, but he isn’t responsible for 95% of the problems the Republican Party has today. Do you want to know who is responsible for most of the problems in the Republican Party? It’s the Republican Establishment.
“But John, there is no Republican Establishment! In fact, I’d like to see somebody actually name some names. Why don’t you name the Republican Establishment! Dare you…”
Okay, just to name a few: Mitch McConnell, John Cornyn, John Boehner, Eric Cantor, Bob Dole, Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, Kevin McCarthy, Cathy McMorris Rodgers, Karl Rove, Jennifer Rubin, David Brooks, George Will, Jon Kyl, John McCain, Lindsey Graham, Jeb Bush, Peter King and the whole damn NRSC.
Being part of “the establishment” is more than just having power in the Republican Party or alternately being obsequious to the people in power; it’s a contemptuous attitude toward the concerns of grassroots conservatives and Americans in flyover country.
It’s an attitude that says…
* We don’t need to get the most votes to choose the nominee; we’ll just keep the candidates preferred by the peons from getting enough delegates so we can install someone we want at the GOP convention.
* Yes, we promised you that we’d fight Obama on the campaign trail, but if you actually expected us to do it, you’re a chump.
* Sure, we talked tough about illegal immigration to the yahoos to get elected, but now that we’re in office, we’re going to do the opposite.
* We’re going to use the contributions and influence of Republican Party organizations to defeat electable conservatives in GOP primaries because we prefer go-along-to-get-along moderates in Congress.
* We’re willing to do what you hicks want us to do on show votes, but when it really matters, we’re going to go against you and hope you’re not sophisticated enough to figure it out.
Once again, you can read it all here.
“We are not a nation of immigrants. We are a nation of citizens.” – Mark Levin Immigration is not good for America. At least, not anymore. Immigration has benefitted our...Read More
Hitler did not rise out of a vacuum: Many people assume that another Hitler can rise up in any nation,
The aftermath of Joe Wilson shouting out “You lie” at a shameless liar in the midst of a shameless lie