5 Takeaway Lessons From Rush Limbaugh Being Denied NFL Ownership
Rush Limbaugh, who is the single most popular mainstream political host in America, was denied an opportunity to invest tens of millions of dollars in the steaming pile of horseflop that is the St. Louis Rams. There are a number of lessons that can be taken away from that debacle. They include the following:
1) Liberals are so obsessive about their politics that it perverts and warps every other human impulse in their life. It’s why they try to turn every famous liberal funeral into a political rally, it’s why they have no qualms about spreading lies about their political opponents, and it’s even why so many liberals are atheists. There is simply no room for both God and liberalism in the life of many people on the Left. To people like that, the idea that one of their political enemies should even be allowed to own part of a crummy football team is too much to endure.
2) The racist double standard is alive and well: How bizarre is it that parasitic human ticks like Jesse “Hymietown” Jackson and Al “Tawana Brawley” Sharpton are still treated like their opinions should matter on race? These guys are as bad as the KKK in their own way — and at least everyone treats the Ku Klux Klan like a bad joke. Meanwhile, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are just as race obsessed, but they’re treated seriously and are making a comfortable living off of it.
Yet, if Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Jeremiah Wright, or any of the other race hustlers in America who like to exploit the issue for their own gain were to want to buy into the NFL, do you think it would be controversial? Welcome to Barack Obama’s “post-racial” America where racial con-artists like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are respectable, but merely being a famous conservative makes you too much of a “racist” to own part of a football team.
3) In the eyes of the NFL, the worst thing you can apparently do is be a conservative: Rush Limbaugh is apparently too controversial for the NFL. Who isn’t? Keith Olbermann, who virulently hates all things conservative, dog abuser, Michael Vick, and serial woman beater Lawrence Phillips. Heck, if Rae Carruth got out of jail tomorrow for conspiring to kill his girlfriend, you can almost be certain that some NFL team would take a chance on him. But, a conservative who’s willing to drop tens of millions of dollars to invest in a lousy NFL team during a recession? No way! That’s “too controversial.”
4) The mainstream media puts ideology above facts when conservatives are involved: If you ever wanted proof — well, even more proof — that the mainstream media was biased against conservatives, all you need to do was look at the transparently phony collection of racist quotes that were passed around about Rush Limbaugh.
The same mainstream media that fact checks comedy skits about Barack Obama on Saturday Night Live didn’t seem to be able to find the time to check out quotations that were dreamed up from scratch about Rush Limbaugh. With Democrats, everything gets triple checked for accuracy and reluctantly printed in the middle of a long article on page A-18 if it’s damaging. With conservatives, “Oh, we saw it on the internet, so it must be true and if it’s not, we don’t like Rush Limbaugh anyway,” was good enough to get a phony quote on CNN.
5) Conservatives are too forgiving: If you listened to the Left you’d think that conservatives were violent, easily inflamed mobs of fienish KKK/Nazi/Taliban hybrids. Meanwhile, no one seems to be the least bit scared of offending conservatives in any way, shape, or form.
The mainstream media treats conservatives like something they scraped off the bottom of their shoe, Hollywood stars who desperately need conservatives to watch their movies openly mock our values, and Keith Olbermann can co-host Football Night In America while Rush Limbaugh is being told he can’t even invest in the NFL. It’s doesn’t matter what people SAY about conservatives, the way we get treated tells you that we’re not commanding any respect.
So, here’s a thought: Maybe conservatives should actually start raising a lot more hell about issues like this one. When Hollywood, the NFL, and the mainstream media conclude that conservatives aren’t suckers who will still hand them money even as they’re insulted, maybe the insults will stop.
Let me conclude by saying that Rush Limbaugh can take the heat and at the end of the day, all this means is that he’s going to be able to spend huge sums of money on something other than a NFL team. Moreover, there’s nothing unusual about corporations steering clear of political controversy. That’s something that everyone in this profession just has to accept.
Yet and still, it’s the double standard here that grates. No matter what the situation may be, it always seems like there is one set of rules for conservatives like Rush Limbaugh and a much more lenient, convenient set of rules for liberals. If conservatives do nothing else in the next few years — well, besides taking back Congress and defeating Barack Obama — we should insist on an end to that double standard.
Even though my father, brother, uncles and grandfather were in the military, I seldom handled guns growing up. That’s because unlike many of the other people in my family, I’ve...Read More
Hitler did not rise out of a vacuum: Many people assume that another Hitler can rise up in any nation,
The aftermath of Joe Wilson shouting out “You lie” at a shameless liar in the midst of a shameless lie