Trump Is Right About Mexican Illegals Committing Crimes
“We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men.” – George Orwell
Despite all the gnashing of teeth from the Left over Donald Trump’s comments about illegal aliens and liberals’ deliberate attempts to distort what he said, his controversial comments about Mexico are absolutely correct.
“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. …They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”
Despite attempts to take his comments out of context, Donald Trump was clearly talking about illegal immigration. So, if you want to say, “My grandfather came here legally from Mexico….” or “I know a legal Mexican immigrant who serves in the military,” it has nothing to do with what Trump said. Even when it comes to illegals, Trump noted that some of them are “good people.”
So what’s really upsetting people on the Left is Trump’s assertion that Mexican illegal aliens are committing a substantial amount of crime in America. That is inarguably true.
* “Thanks to the Supreme Court ruling Zadvydas v. Davis (2001), the U.S. has become a dumping ground for Third World rapists. Aliens convicted of violent crimes can’t be held for more than six months if their home country…doesn’t want to take them back. The ruling unleashed 134,000 aliens onto American streets in only three years.
* “However, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Robert Goodlatte today released data…(that) showed that deportations as well as arrests of criminal aliens dropped about 30 percent during the first six months of this fiscal year. Moreover, the 30,558 criminal aliens that ICE released back on the streets in 2014 garnered almost 80,000 convictions. These included 250 homicides, 186 kidnappings, 373 sexual assaults, 13,636 convictions for driving under the influence, 1,589 weapons offenses, 994 aggravated assaults, 56 arsons and 31 smuggling offenses.”
* “The 287(g) program and related efforts have found high rates of illegal alien incarceration in some communities. But it is unclear if the communities are representative of the country:
Maricopa County, Ariz.: 22 percent of felons are illegal aliens;
Lake County, Ill.: 19 percent of jail inmates are illegal aliens;
Collier County, Fla.: 20 to 22 percent of jail inmates and arrestees are illegal aliens;
Weld County, Colo.: 12.8 to 15.2 percent of those jailed are illegal aliens.”
* “From 1998 to 2007, 816,000 criminal aliens were removed from the United States because of a criminal charge or conviction. This is equal to about one-fifth of the nation’s total jail and prison population. These figures do not include those removed for the lesser offense of living or working in the country illegally. The removal and deportation of large numbers of criminal aliens may reduce immigrant incarceration rates because many will not return and re-offend, as is the case with many native-born criminals.”
* “The number of criminal aliens in federal prisons in fiscal year 2010 was about 55,000, and the number of SCAAP criminal alien incarcerations in state prison systems and local jails was about 296,000 in fiscal year 2009 (the most recent data available), and the majority were from Mexico. The number of criminal aliens in federal prisons increased about 7 percent from about 51,000 in fiscal year 2005 while the number of SCAAP criminal alien incarcerations in state prison systems and local jails increased about 35 percent from about 220,000 in fiscal year 2003. The time period covered by these data vary because they reflect updates since GAO last reported on these issues in 2005. Specifically, in 2005, GAO reported that the percentage of criminal aliens in federal prisons was about 27 percent of the total inmate population from 2001 through 2004.” – The U.S. Government Accountability Office
After seeing those staggering numbers, it’s worth remembering that none of these people are supposed to be in our country in the first place. So, every American who is robbed, raped, assaulted or murdered by an illegal alien is an unnecessary victim. No wonder liberals are so desperate to get Trump to stop talking about how many Americans are being hurt by their refusal to secure the border.