Liveblog Of Obama’s Speech
I was liveblogging Obama’s speech on Twitter as part of a feed that CBS was running on their website. Since I’m done, I thought I’d go ahead and report it here.
* Let me get started early: Obama, you lie!!!
* Has any President every walked out and said, “The State of the Union is…aw, who am I kidding. Run while you still can!!!”
* I love Joe Biden’s earnest nodding in the background. It may be his biggest contribution as VP.
* No, we didn’t “all” hate the bank bailout. We didn’t want to do it. You did, buddy.
* How about the banks that didn’t get “Rescued”? Like they don’t owe the tax?
* That number — 2 million “saved or created.” Completely made up from scratch.
* Also known as the bill that cost more than the Iraq and Vietnam wars together that didn’t help the economy at all.
* New jobs bill. Translation. The old bill didn’t work, so we want to do it again.
* Let’s fritter away the TARP money that hasn’t been wasted yet.
* Ah, wipe out the capital gains tax. Excellent. Best idea he’s had yet.
* RT @aravosis: RT @joshorton: Please, please don’t make me look at Geithner anymore | Ha!
* Thank God for gridlock. It’s the only thing that saves us from these morons.
* These nations are becoming more capitalist while we’re moving in the opposite direction and becoming more socialist.
* The problems that are hampering our growth: the size of government, high taxes, too many regulations, government meddling
* Huzzah for more nuclear power plants and offshore drilling. Course, Democrats are the ones blocking it. ANWR? Anybody?
* Manbearpig exists! We SWEAR IT DOES. Ignore the phony data! It doesn’t mean anything.
* At this point, Obama has churned out so much billious bullflop, that he’ll need actions, not speeches to change people’s minds.
* Failing schools? Like the ones in DC? Where you killed the voucher program that was helping kids?
* Good Lord, does this clown ever stop coming up with “good ideas” to spend more of our money on?
* RT @mkhammer: WE HAVE TO SEND EVERYONE TO COLLEGE IN A FLYING CAR TO KEEP UP WITH CHINA. EXPORTS!
* We still need to destroy our health care system with Obamacare. #ScottBrownfail
* Do you think anybody buys what Obama is saying about health care at this point? He has said this same stuff 50 times.
* Obamacare would raise premiums, increase deficits, lead to rationing, death panels, and reduced quality of care.
* Ehr….Obama spent the last 40 minutes talking about billions in new spending. Now, he’s going to lecture on deficits?
* A discretionary freeze? Good idea. Know what would save more? Scrapping all the spending from the start of the speech.
* Oh boy! A “blue ribbon panel!” They never fail!
* Hearing Obama talk tough about deficit spending would be like listening to Ted Kennedy lecture people on safe driving.
* The Obama solution to deficits: Spend more than anyone in history and blame it on Bush.
* We have to limit the influence of lobbyists — like the ones in your administration?
* We need earmark reform to help stop the sort of bills I’ve been signing left and right since I got into office.
* Barack Obama is complaining about people waging a “perpetual campaign?” Hahahahaah!
* After blaming all his problems on Bush, Obama lectures everyone on bipartisanship. Too funny.
* Let’s hug terrorists until their hearts fill with love!
* RT @mkhammer: Republican leadership is required for my Democratic SUPERMAJORITY to pass anything
* Say the word “Win” in reference to these wars. For once. Please???
* Oh boy! An international summit! Those always produce action!
* Except in Honduras, where my administration tried to back a wannabe dictator over people who wanted democracy.
* Well, not my ideals that forged America. I think those values suck.
* They’re definitely not Democratic values or labor values.
* So, what role does government and Presidents who lie constantly have to do with that cynicism
* If our government from 200 years ago was here now, they’d tar and feather Obama and his whole cabinet
* I wish that “fundamental decency” lived on in our government instead of just in the hearts of the American people.
* Summary: Good delivery. Handful of good ideas. Mostly bad ideas. May get a small temp bump from this, but that’s it. Grade: C
It takes a lot of nerve to not only have an affair with someone while pregnant, but to also text that person right underneath your spouse’s nose. But that’s what...Read More
I’m going to be liveblogging the debate at Raising Red’s Facebook page. Come on over and join the conversation!
From day one of the spill, we have seen that it has left more than tragedy and waste in its