Liveblog Of Obama’s Speech
I was liveblogging Obama’s speech on Twitter as part of a feed that CBS was running on their website. Since I’m done, I thought I’d go ahead and report it here.
* Let me get started early: Obama, you lie!!!
* Has any President every walked out and said, “The State of the Union is…aw, who am I kidding. Run while you still can!!!”
* I love Joe Biden’s earnest nodding in the background. It may be his biggest contribution as VP.
* No, we didn’t “all” hate the bank bailout. We didn’t want to do it. You did, buddy.
* How about the banks that didn’t get “Rescued”? Like they don’t owe the tax?
* That number — 2 million “saved or created.” Completely made up from scratch.
* Also known as the bill that cost more than the Iraq and Vietnam wars together that didn’t help the economy at all.
* New jobs bill. Translation. The old bill didn’t work, so we want to do it again.
* Let’s fritter away the TARP money that hasn’t been wasted yet.
* Ah, wipe out the capital gains tax. Excellent. Best idea he’s had yet.
* RT @aravosis: RT @joshorton: Please, please don’t make me look at Geithner anymore | Ha!
* Thank God for gridlock. It’s the only thing that saves us from these morons.
* These nations are becoming more capitalist while we’re moving in the opposite direction and becoming more socialist.
* The problems that are hampering our growth: the size of government, high taxes, too many regulations, government meddling
* Huzzah for more nuclear power plants and offshore drilling. Course, Democrats are the ones blocking it. ANWR? Anybody?
* Manbearpig exists! We SWEAR IT DOES. Ignore the phony data! It doesn’t mean anything.
* At this point, Obama has churned out so much billious bullflop, that he’ll need actions, not speeches to change people’s minds.
* Failing schools? Like the ones in DC? Where you killed the voucher program that was helping kids?
* Good Lord, does this clown ever stop coming up with “good ideas” to spend more of our money on?
* RT @mkhammer: WE HAVE TO SEND EVERYONE TO COLLEGE IN A FLYING CAR TO KEEP UP WITH CHINA. EXPORTS!
* We still need to destroy our health care system with Obamacare. #ScottBrownfail
* Do you think anybody buys what Obama is saying about health care at this point? He has said this same stuff 50 times.
* Obamacare would raise premiums, increase deficits, lead to rationing, death panels, and reduced quality of care.
* Ehr….Obama spent the last 40 minutes talking about billions in new spending. Now, he’s going to lecture on deficits?
* A discretionary freeze? Good idea. Know what would save more? Scrapping all the spending from the start of the speech.
* Oh boy! A “blue ribbon panel!” They never fail!
* Hearing Obama talk tough about deficit spending would be like listening to Ted Kennedy lecture people on safe driving.
* The Obama solution to deficits: Spend more than anyone in history and blame it on Bush.
* We have to limit the influence of lobbyists — like the ones in your administration?
* We need earmark reform to help stop the sort of bills I’ve been signing left and right since I got into office.
* Barack Obama is complaining about people waging a “perpetual campaign?” Hahahahaah!
* After blaming all his problems on Bush, Obama lectures everyone on bipartisanship. Too funny.
* Let’s hug terrorists until their hearts fill with love!
* RT @mkhammer: Republican leadership is required for my Democratic SUPERMAJORITY to pass anything
* Say the word “Win” in reference to these wars. For once. Please???
* Oh boy! An international summit! Those always produce action!
* Except in Honduras, where my administration tried to back a wannabe dictator over people who wanted democracy.
* Well, not my ideals that forged America. I think those values suck.
* They’re definitely not Democratic values or labor values.
* So, what role does government and Presidents who lie constantly have to do with that cynicism
* If our government from 200 years ago was here now, they’d tar and feather Obama and his whole cabinet
* I wish that “fundamental decency” lived on in our government instead of just in the hearts of the American people.
* Summary: Good delivery. Handful of good ideas. Mostly bad ideas. May get a small temp bump from this, but that’s it. Grade: C
FacebookTwitterEmail Melissa Clouthier and I are rocking the video blogging – sorry about my delay. It’s ustream’s fault. Live TV
FacebookTwitterEmail * I’m going to update this semi-regularly for the next couple of hours. At the moment, information is surprisingly