Blast From The Past: 10 Ways To Keep Your Relationship Smokin’ Hot
Relationships are difficult. I’m here to help. Here’s some words of wisdom to keep your relationship from turning dull and boring:
1. Keep the mystery alive—Too many people reveal too much too often. Why share where you’re going or what you’re doing or who you’re with. A little doubt keeps things spicy.
2. Call rarely—It’s so annoying to have your work interrupted by mindless blather about nothing. One of the biggest myths is that your significant other actually cares what you’re thinking about when you’re chomping your food on your lunch hour. Newsflash! No one cares.
3. Retreat from conflict—People often deal with conflict by trying to resolve it and talk it out. This can be a big mistake. Most likely, the things you fight about today are the things you’re going to fight about forever. Don’t resolve it. Accept it. Stay away for as long as possible. The other person will eventually get tired of being angry.
4. Don’t expect your spouse to meet your sexual needs—You should know that the best sex of your life happened before you got married or moved in together. You didn’t get married for sex. You got married for companionship, bill-sharing and maybe having a kid or two. Having sexual expectations is just setting yourself up for disappointment. Let it go.
5. Spend time cultivating interests that don’t include your spouse—One of the biggest problems in marriages is that people think they should do stuff together. Why? If you like golf, and your wife hates it, well, she’ll just have to get over it and understand that golf makes you happy. If she likes shopping, she needs to do it when it’s convenient for her. Her man will understand. Togetherness is overrated.
6. Don’t change—Be you. Until you’re your true, unchecked self, you can’t really be free. Trying to get rid of annoying habits or irritating traits is just energy wasted. A true partner will love you no matter what.
7. Don’t apologize—True love means never having to say you’re sorry. Why should anyone expect an apology? You’re doing the best you can with what you’ve got and if the person doesn’t understand it, they have the limited world-view, not you. Saying you’re sorry is for sissies. Men are emasculated enough. Women cow-tow to men too often. Stop apologizing!
8. Don’t give tokens of affection—Materialism in all its guises is just manipulation. Don’t do it. A person who needs concrete proof of love is superficial and not worth your time anyway. True love doesn’t need to be spoken or given or shared. Rings are just that—symbolic. Who needs symbols? The real thing is just understood.
9. Ignore special dates—Again, this is just a manifestation of artificial constraints imposed by society. Every day is special! Why focus on birthdays or anniversaries? They are days like any other and it’s ridiculous that people have expectations of gifts or kindness on those days.
10. Stop saying “I love you”—The words become vain and meaningless after a while. True love doesn’t need constant reinforcement. True love just “knows”. If your partner needs to hear the words, well, that’s just too demanding. Who needs demanding in an intimate relationship? Forget it and move on.
Some of these pieces of advice might seem unconventional, but really, relationships are cracking under the pressure of inane expectations. People want too much, expect too much and just generally put too much faith in other human beings. There is no perfect partner out there. You can’t be the perfect partner. Why try? Just be yourself and the person right for you will find you and love you just the way you are. That’s true love and the world needs more of it.
In yet another example of how our society discriminates against men, a Texas man is being forced to pay tens of thousands of dollars in child support. And while that...Read More
Tom Wolfe once wrote that “The Great Relearning” — recalling the forgotten common sense that every cultural revolution believes is anathema, “seems to me to be the leitmotif of the twenty-first century in America.”
If so, 21st century America certainly has its work cut out for itself, judging by MTV’s “Jersey Shore” reality show…
It’s his Woobie ™ ! : How sweet; Obama and his woobie are never far apart. First, he took it along
Apparently, the mere acknowledgment of a fetus is a big no-no to some militant Feminists. Enough of a no-no, that