The 10 Best Quotes From Rand Paul’s Tea Party State of the Union
Rand Paul worked with Tea Party Express to put out a Tea Party State of the Union response last night. He did a great job and here are the 10 best quotes from his 13 minute speech.
10) “What America needs is not Robin Hood but Adam Smith.”
9) “I have seen the inner sanctum of Congress and believe me there is no monopoly on knowledge there.”
8) “I will continue to fight for legislation that forces Congress to read the bills! I will fight for a vote on my bill that calls for a waiting period for each page of legislation. I will continue to object when Congress sticks special interest riders on bills in the dead of night! And if Congress refuses to obey its own rules, if Congress refuses to pass a budget, if Congress refuses to read the bills, then I say: Sweep the place clean. Limit their terms and send them home!”
7) “I was elected to the Senate in 2010 in a wave of anti-Washington sentiment. I thought I knew how bad it was in Washington. But it is worse than I ever imagined. Congress is debating the wrong things. Every debate in Washington is about how much to increase spending — a little or a lot. About how much to increase taxes — a little or a lot.”
6) “Liberals complain that the budget can’t be balanced but if you cut just one penny from each dollar we currently spend, the budget would balance within six or seven years. The Penny Plan has been crafted into a bill that millions of conservatives across the country support.”
5) “Competition has made America the richest nation in history. Competition can make our educational system the envy of the world. The status quo traps poor children in a crumbling system of hopelessness.
When every kid in the inner city can, like the President’s kids, go to the school of their choice, then will the dreams of our children come true!”
4) “It is often said that there is not enough bipartisanship up here. That is not true. In fact, there is plenty. Both parties have been guilty of spending too much, of protecting their sacred cows, of backroom deals in which everyone up here wins, but every taxpayer loses.”
3) “It is time Democrats admit that not every dollar spent on domestic programs is sacred. And it is time Republicans realize that military spending is not immune to waste and fraud. Where would we cut spending, well we could start with ending all foreign aid to countries that are burning our flag and chanting death to America. The President could begin by stopping the F-16s and Abrams tanks being given to the radical Islamic government of Egypt.”
2) “Bipartisanship is not what is missing in Washington. Common sense is.”
1) “The President offers you free stuff to win your votes but his policies keep you poor.”
Today at 4:30PM eastern a blogger conference call was held by Representatives John Shadegg (R, AZ) and Cathy McMorris Rodgers
When you were a kid, do you ever remember your mother asking you, “if your friends jumped off a bridge,
Yesterday, I ran across an article in USA Today that should have created a firestorm of controversy. Apparently, Congress has