The 30 Most Obnoxious Quotes Of 2013 (10th Annual)
30) Truly inspiring to be able to come here. Anne was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a Belieber.’ — Justin Bieber after a visit to Anne Frank’s house.
29) Don’t condemn the gangbangers, they’ve got guns that are trafficked – that are not enforced, that are straw purchased and they come into places even that have strong gun laws. Why? Because we don’t have sensible gun legislation. — Sheila Jackson Lee
28) Here’s the reality. The image of a white Jesus has been used to justify enslavement, conquest, colonialism, the genocide of indigenous peoples. There are literally millions of human beings whose lives have been snuffed out by people who conquered under the banner of a white god. — Tim Wise
27) I’ve gotta tell you, man, I’m starting to think these tea party activists are freaking retarded. — Ryan Ellis, The Tax Policy Director for Americans for Tax Reform
26) The political disfunction that has brought about the shutdown and now threatens default, isn’t so much gridlock. It is exposing the fatal flaw in our Constitution and highly distinct system of government. In other words, it’s the Constitution’s fault. Something truly catastrophic was bound to happen sooner or later. — Chris Hayes
25) You know, talk about something else that’s falling from the sky [besides snow], and that is an asteroid. What’s coming our way? Is this an effect of perhaps global warming, or is this just some meteoric occasion? — Deborah Feyerick
24) Now, if you have or had one of these plans before the Affordable Care Act came into law and you really liked that plan, what we said was you can keep it if it hasn’t changed since the law passed. — Barack Obama lies about his “If you like your plan, you can keep it” lie.
23) I am just here to support the President of the United States. President of the United States is our boss, but he is also… you know, the President and the First Lady are kinda like the Mom and the Dad of the country. And when your Dad says something you listen, and when you don’t it will usually bite you on the ass later on. So, I’m here to support the President. — Chris Rock
22) When you look at Hitler and those thugs, you can put Walmart right next to them. — Dick Gregory
21) Ultimately, if you think about all the youth that everybody has mentioned here in Africa, if everybody is raising living standards to the point where everybody has got a car and everybody has got air conditioning, and everybody has got a big house, well, the planet will boil over – unless we find new ways of producing energy. — Barack Obama explains to poor Africans why they need to remain poor
20) Until we fully understand what turned two brothers who allegedly perpetrated the Boston Marathon bombings into murderers, it is hard to make any policy recommendation other than this: We need to redouble our efforts to make America stronger and healthier so it remains a vibrant counterexample to whatever bigoted ideology may have gripped these young men….And the best place to start is with a carbon tax. — Thomas Friedman
19) I also saw, so the Red Sox won the World Series, congratulations Red Sox. So the parade, they go to the place where the marathon bombing took place, they put the World Series statue there and they sing ‘God Bless America’ and they say ‘Boston strong’ and they chant ‘U-S-A,’ you know. It was again, a bad day, three people died, that’s terrible. More were maimed, that’s horrible, but unfortunately that happens every day, in car accidents and everything else. I mean, your city was not leveled by Godzilla. — Bill Maher
18) Well, you’ve touched on it to a degree. (Obama) made so many promises. We thought that he was going to be — I shouldn’t say this at Christmastime, but — the next messiah. — Barbara Walters
17) First of all, I want to disagree with those who say we have a spending problem. Everyone keeps saying we have a spending problem. And when they talk about that, it’s like there’s an assumption that somehow we as a nation are broke. We can’t afford these things any longer. We’re too broke to invest in education and housing and things like that. Well look at it this way, we’re the richest nation in the history of the world. We are now the richest nation in the world. We have the highest per capita income of any major nation. That kind of begs the question, doesn’t it? If we’re so rich, why are we so broke? Is it a spending problem? No. — Tom Harkin
16) The insistence (that Santa Claus) not black and can’t be black strikes me as an attempt to perpetuate white supremacy and to posit that whiteness is somehow normal and central while blackness is other or different. — Touré
15) For someone who was responsible for, again, nobody knows, but a certain amount of death of innocent people as John McCain was, the time spent in a North Vietnamese prison where he claims to have been tortured was probably time spent that a Catholic priest, for example, would find completely understandable. It’s called doing penance, John. You don’t bomb and kill people for no reason, even when corporate America or your daddy, who was the supreme commander of Southeast Asian forces, South Pacific forces, orders you to do it. You can’t just take orders, we decided that at Nuremberg. So, if you suffered, I am sorry for your suffering, I truly am, in and of itself, but John-John-John, did you think about the suffering of the people you bombed and strafed? They were civilians, you know. — Mike Malloy
14) I’m putting my life at risk, literally! And if I slipped… You never know. And I think about it. I think about my family and I’m like, wow, this is like being a police officer or something, in war or something. — Kanye West
13) There’s a level of disrespect for the office that occurs. And that occurs in some cases and maybe even many cases because he’s African American. There’s no question about that and it’s the kind of thing nobody ever says but everybody’s thinking it. — Oprah Winfrey
12) Our view of the law is that it – if somebody is here without sufficient documentation, that is not reason for deportation. — Nancy Pelosi
11) Republicans are using [the IRS scandal] as their latest weapon in the war against the black man in the White House. IRS” is the new ‘N****r.'” — Martin Bashir
10) Everyone in the world is impacted by the United States’ Big Brother attitude toward the world. We need countries to say no to the United States. The United States is the dominant power in the universe, with its eavesdropping abilities, cyber abilities. And the world is in danger with our tyranny. — Oliver Stone
9) One of the most comprehensive first-person accounts of slavery comes from the personal diary of a man called Thomas Thistlewood, who kept copious notes for 39 years….In 1756, he records that ‘a slave named Darby catched eating canes; had him well flogged and pickled, then made Hector, another slave, s-h-i-t in his mouth.’ This became known as ‘Darby’s Dose,’ a punishment invented by Thistlewood that spoke only of the slave owners’ savagery and inhumanity….When Mrs. Palin invoked slavery, she doesn’t just prove her rank ignorance. She confirms that if anyone truly qualified for a dose of discipline from Thomas Thistlewood, then she would be the outstanding candidate. — Martin Bashir explains why Sarah Palin should have someone crap in her mouth
8) “If you can help one child who has cancer, why wouldn’t you do it?,” Bash asked.
“Why would we want to do that?” — Harry Reid
7) Go to dictionary,& look up
The “C”Word,….next 2 the definition…you’ll see a Pic of
Sarah PALIN !
NO…WAIT …SHES UNDER DUMB C WORD. — Cher
6) Obama’s not embarrassing. The country is embarrassing. — Hollywood producer and Obama donor Harvey Weinstein
5) We have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to their families, and recognize that kids belong to whole communities. — Melissa Harris-Perry
4) May your children all die from debilitating, painful and incurable diseases. — Allan Brauer, the communications chair of the Democratic Party of Sacramento County to Ted Cruz staffer Amanda Carpenter
3) There are some gender inequities on college campuses… that’s why we have call boxes, that’s why we have safe zones, that’s why we have the whistles. Because you just don’t know who you’re gonna be shooting at. And you don’t know if you feel like you’re gonna be raped, or if you feel like someone’s been following you around or if you feel like you’re in trouble when you may actually not be, then you pop out that gun and you pop, pop around at somebody. — Democrat Rep. Joe Salazar advocates disarming potential rape victims so they won’t accidentally shoot anyone
2) This b@stard is just sick! Pat, go home – go – go to Jesus! PLEASE Pat! Go to your final reward! He’s waiting for you! Jesus and God and all the angels Pat! You tease you! Oh you dirty rotten tease you! You know Jesus wants you to come home and – and enter the bosom of the Lord! But you won’t go! Pat please! Please! They’re waiting for you!
…Pat Robertson, one of the worst Christ hustlers in the history of this silly, stupid, destructive religion! Pat, go home! God wants you. God needs you. Please, Pat! Please, Pat, go home! — Mike Malloy
1) We put the president in the White House. To support the new NRA president’s agenda of arming the populace for confrontation with the government is bloody treason. And many invite it gladly as if the African-American president we voted for is somehow infringing on their Constitutional rights.
Normally, I am a peaceable man, but in this case, I am willing to answer the call to defend the country. From them.
To turn the song lyric they so love to quote back on them, “We’ll put a boot in your —, it’s the American way.”
Except it won’t be a boot. It’ll be an M1A Abrams tank, supported by an F22 Raptor squadron with Hellfire missiles. Try treason on for size. See how that suits. And their assault arsenal and RPGs won’t do them any good. — Marshall University Journalism Professor, Christopher Swindell
The 40 Most Obnoxious Quotes Of 2012 (9th Annual)
The 50 Most Obnoxious Quotes Of 2011
The 40 Most Obnoxious Quotes Of 2010
The 40 Most Obnoxious Quotes Of 2009
The 40 Most Obnoxious Quotes For 2008
The 40 Most Obnoxious Quotes Of 2007
The 40 Most Obnoxious Quotes Of 2006
The 40 Most Obnoxious Quotes For 2005
The 40 Most Obnoxious Quotes For 2004
The National Football League’s hypocrisy and selective decency standards reek like a post-game locker room. On the one hand, the
I met Andrew Breitbart almost a decade ago at a party. All I knew about him was that he worked