The 40 Most Obnoxious Quotes Of 2010
40) My fear is that the whole island (of Guam) will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize. —
39) Imagine if somebody were to really sit down with Osama Bin Ladin and say, ‘Listen man,what is it that you’re so angry at me about that you’re willing to have people strap bombs to themselves, or get inside get inside of airplanes and fly them into buildings.’ That would be the miracle if we can get, sit down and talk to our enemies and find a way for them to hear us. —- Matthew Modine
38) They want to make it that guys paid this much money for a ticket, yeah, I understand that, I understand completely. We risk ourselves out there on the field each and every day also. When soldiers come home from Iraq you don’t boo them. I look at it the same way. I take my job seriously. — Antrel Rolle
37) “Had a powerful meditation just now — caused an earthquake in Southern California. …Was meditating on Shiva mantra & earth began to shake. Sorry about that. — Deepak Chopra is so out of it he thinks his meditation can cause earthquakes
36) Under several clauses, the good and welfare clause and a couple others. All the scholars, the constitutional scholars that I know — I’m chairman of the Judiciary committee, as you know — they all say that there’s nothing unconstitutional in this bill and if there were, I would have tried to correct it if I thought there were. — John Conyers
35) (Obama) is frustrated because he cares about the small people and we care about the small people. — Tony Hayward
34) You almost need that blank piece of paper. That’s the new model. Like, you know, this coconut Rubio down in Florida. — Donny Deutsch
33) We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it.” — Nancy Pelosi
32) There ain’t no rules here, we’re trying to accomplish something. . . .All this talk about rules. . . .When the deal goes down . . . we make ‘em up as we go along. — Alcee Hastings
31) If you’re blaming Muslims for the attack on 9/11, then you need to change your mind. Did we blame Christians at the first World Trade attack? We didn’t! — Russell Simmons
30) Those flowers were picked by illegal immigrants. And they’re not voting for you, b*tch. — Joy Behar on Sharon Angle
29) Yup, and the fact that they chose to call themselves “teabaggers,” which is slang for a certain act involving b***s. It sort of says a lot. I would say a mouthful. Looks like it’s very upsetting for them, but he’s brilliant. The thing is, he’s half white but that’s still not enough – for them it’s all white or f**k off. I think we don’t deserve him and certainly teabaggers don’t deserve him. — Carrie Fisher
28) As you probably know, some American politicians and American journalists refer to Washington, DC as the “capital of the free world. But it seems to me that this great city (Brussels), which boasts 1,000 years of history and which serves as the capital of Belgium, the home of the European Union, and the headquarters for NATO, this city has its own legitimate claim to that title. — Joe Biden
27) Whether we like it or not, we remain a dominant military superpower…. — Barack Obama
26) There’s a little bug inside of me which wants to get the FCC to say to FOX and to MSNBC: ‘Out. Off. End. Goodbye.’ It would be a big favor to political discourse; our ability to do our work here in Congress, and to the American people, to be able to talk with each other and have some faith in their government and more importantly, in their future. — Jay Rockefeller
25) I am starting to think that any parent who takes their kids to catholic churches from now on should lose custody. Taking your kid where you know sex offenders hang out is inexcusable!!! — Roseanne Barr
24) I was trying to think about who (Obama) was tonight. It’s interesting: he is post-racial, by all appearances. I forgot he was black tonight for an hour. — Chris Matthews
23) Tainting the tea party movement with the charge of racism is proving to be an effective strategy for Democrats. There is no evidence that tea party adherents are any more racist than other Republicans, and indeed many other Americans. But getting them to spend their time purging their ranks and having candidates distance themselves should help Democrats win in November. Having one’s opponent rebut charges of racism is far better than discussing joblessness. — Mary Frances Berry
22) I tell you what, if I lived in Massachusetts I’d try to vote 10 times. I don’t know if they’d let me or not, but I’d try to. Yeah, that’s right. I’d cheat to keep these bastards out. I would. ‘Cause that’s exactly what they are. —
21) We already got one raghead in the White House. We don’t need another in the Governor’s Mansion. — SC state Sen. Jake Knotts on Nikki Haley
20) In practice, US officials seem to know better than to indulge in the patriotic myth that our constitution is the greatest system of government ever devised. — Matthew Yglesias
19) (Obama’s) a nice person, he’s very articulate this is what’s been used against him, but he couldn’t sell watermelons if it, you gave him the state troopers to flag down the traffic. — Dan Rather
18) We’re here now to understand the frustration of the teabaggers, and the people that are angry, uh – because many times when you’re angry you’re . . . uh . . . rational abilities are compromised, and you get mad at the wrong party and the wrong thing or whoever is the President… — John Conyers
17) So many of us acted as though the struggle for social justice and the struggle for right is over don’t realize that the struggle is not over until we achieve equality. Someone was saying to me the other day, Rev. Sharpton, we’ve got an African-American president. We’ve achieved the dream of Dr. King, and I told him, that was not Dr. King’s dream … but the dream was not to put one black president in the White House. The dream was to make everything equal in everybody’s house. President Obama is in the White House to help us get there but we’re not there yet. — Al Sharpton
16) It’s July 4th, my least favorite holiday.
And I’m not referring to the bugs, or the crowds, or the traffic on the highways.
I’m talking about the mindless patriotic bubble bath we’re all supposed to soak in all weekend long.
Well, not me.
My heart does not beat faster at the strains of the Star Spangled Banner, much less at the sight of F-16s flying overhead to kick off the show.
You see, I don’t believe in patriotism. — Mathew Rothschild
15) If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, ‘We’re gonna punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,’ if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s gonna be harder and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2. — Barack Obama
14) The medical term for Down Syndrome is Trisomy-21 or Trisomy-g. It is often shortened in medical slang to Tri-g.
Is it not perfectly possible that the very name given to this poor child, being reared by Bristol, is another form of mockery of his condition, along with the “retarded baby” tag? And does the way in which this poor child was hauled around the country on a book tour, being dragged out in front of flash photographs in the middle of the night, barely clothed, suggest someone who actually cares for children with special needs, or rather sees them as a way to keep the spotlight on her? — Andrew Sullivan
13) Here’s to the Greeks. They know what to do when corporations pillage and loot their country. They know what to do when Goldman Sachs and international bankers collude with their power elite to falsify economic data and then make billions betting that the Greek economy will collapse. They know what to do when they are told their pensions, benefits and jobs have to be cut to pay corporate banks, which screwed them in the first place. Call a general strike. Riot. Shut down the city centers. Toss the bastards out. Do not be afraid of the language of class warfare–the rich versus the poor, the oligarchs versus the citizens, the capitalists versus the proletariat. The Greeks, unlike most of us, get it. — Chris Hedges
12) I consider (Calling Avatar an ecoterrorism recruiting tool to be) a positive review. I believe in ecoterrorism. — James Cameron
11) The proper channels have failed. It’s time for mass civil disobedience to cut off the financial oxygen from denial and skepticism.
If you’re one of those who believe that this is not just necessary but also possible, speak to us. Let’s talk about what that mass civil disobedience is going to look like.
If you’re one of those who have spent their lives undermining progressive climate legislation, bankrolling junk science, fueling spurious debates around false solutions, and cattle-prodding democratically-elected governments into submission, then hear this:
We know who you are. We know where you live. We know where you work.
And we be many, but you be few. — Greenpeace, on their blog
10) White folk done took this country. You’re in their home, and they’re gonna let you know it….You are not now, nor have you ever been, nor will you ever be a brother to white folk and if you do not realize that, you are in serious trouble. —
9) We are owned by propagandists against the Arabs. There’s no question about that. Congress, the White House, and Hollywood, Wall Street, are owned by the Zionists. No question in my opinion. They put their money where there mouth is…We’re being pushed into a wrong direction in every way. — Helen Thomas
8) But Christians (got into their minds that to kill other people is a great thing to do and that they would be rewarded in the hereafter)….Oh, Christians, every day, people walk into post offices, they walk into schools, that’s what Columbine is – I could do this all day long….There are folk in the Tea Party, for example, every day who are being recently arrested for making threats against elected officials, for calling people ‘n*gger’ as they walk into Capitol Hill, for spitting on people. That’s within the political – that’s within the body politic of this country. — Tavis Smiley
7) How about just tracking down every single person who said drill baby drill and putting them all in prison. Why don’t we do that? Starting with Michael Steele. — Alan Grayson
6) It would be good if Obama could be a dictator for a few years. — Woody Allen
5) Kids who wear American flag t-shirts on 5 May should have to share a lunchroom table with those who wear a hammer and sickle on 4 July. — Roger Ebert
4) Back in World War II, we viewed the Japanese as ‘yellow, slant-eyed dogs’ that believed in different gods. They were out to kill us because our way of living was different. We, in turn, wanted to annihilate them because they were different. Does that sound familiar, by any chance, to what’s going on today?” — Tom Hanks
3) Well, keep it up boys, just keep it up, um except for one thing: you rat bastards are going to cause another Murrah federal building explosion, you are. And then – what is Beck – maybe at that point Beck will do the honorable thing and blow his brains out.
Maybe at that point, Limbaugh will do the honorable thing and just gobble up enough – enough Viagra that he becomes absolutely rigid and keels over dead.
Maybe then O’Reilly will just drink a vat of the poison he spews out on America every night and choke to death! Because that’s what’s gonna to happen, that’s what they are pushing these right-wing, nut case, fringe, militia jerk-wads to doing! — Mike Malloy
2) You go out in public and it’s a f*cking embarrassment to me. You look like a fucking b*tch in heat. And if you get raped by a pack of ni**ers it will be your fault. Alright? Because you provoked it. You are provocatively dressed all the time with your fake boobs that you feel you have to show off. I don’t like it. I don’t want that woman. I don’t want you. I don’t trust you. I don’t love you. — Mel Gibson
1) I know how the “tea party” people feel, the anger, venom and bile that many of them showed during the recent House vote on health-care reform. I know because I want to spit on them, take one of their “Obama Plan White Slavery” signs and knock every racist and homophobic tooth out of their Cro-Magnon heads. — The Washington Post’s Courtland Milloy
The 40 Most Obnoxious Quotes Of 2009
The 40 Most Obnoxious Quotes For 2008
The 40 Most Obnoxious Quotes Of 2007
The 40 Most Obnoxious Quotes Of 2006
The 40 Most Obnoxious Quotes For 2005
The 40 Most Obnoxious Quotes For 2004
Welcome to the 6th annual 20 hottest conservative new media list Men of 2014 edition. I gave the judges one rule: Set personality aside and pick the men who you...Read More
1) “I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the
All these quotes come from Kathy Shaidle’s Confessions of A Failed Slut, which was a short, fun read that I’d
Jack Donavan’s The Way of Men is an excellent book about the nature of men. You want to know what