The Top 20 Quotes From CPAC 2010
20) Against the advice of my wife, I endorsed Arlen Specter. I should have listened to my wife. — Rick Santorum
19) These days, even a moderate Democrat is someone who thinks you shouldn’t be taught fisting until you’re at least 12 years old. — Ann Coulter
18) It’s interesting how Obama’s adorers in the press keep comparing him to Lincoln and Reagan. Apparently they can’t think of a Democrat president worthy of being compared to. — Ann Coulter
17) Some folks like to call us the party of ‘no.’ Well, I say ‘no’ is way underrated in Washington, D.C. Sometimes ‘no’ is just what this town needs to hear.
When it comes to more borrowing, the answer is no. When it comes to more spending, the answer is no. When it comes to more bailouts, the answer is no. And when it comes to a government takeover of health care, the answer is no.
Conservative Republicans are back. We’re in the fight for fiscal discipline and limited government, and we are on the side of the American people. — Mike Pence
16) Scott Brown’s victory in Massachusetts has got to have Ted Kennedy rolling over in his grave, spilling his drink. — Ann Coulter
15) Obama sees America as another country on the UN role call. Somewhere between Albania and Zimbabwe. — John Bolton
14) It’s an equal playing field on the internet. But the left cannot, will not win on the radio. No one is surprised, who wants to listen to that for hours?! Air America has shut down and Gitmo is still open. — Erick Erickson
13) (CPAC is like Woodstock) except that unlike the last gathering, our women are beautiful, we speak in complete sentences and our notion of freedom doesn’t consist of cocaine, which is certainly one thing that separates us from Barack Obama. — Jason Mattera
12) CNN calls (Tea partiers) tea baggers which is the gayest term I’ve heard on CNN except for Anderson Cooper. — Ann Coulter
11) (Republicans) must come to us and show us they are worthy of our loyalty. We will be aware of your penchant for drinking backsliders’ wine” on issues such as spending. I’m from Texas. We don’t call you a cowboy until we see you ride. — Dick Armey
10) Feminism’s ultimate success is that we don’t need it anymore. — SE Cupp
9) Now, look, it’s true, Americans do want leaders that will come to Washington, D.C. and work together to get things done, but that comes with a very important caveat, it depends what they’re trying to do. If they’re working to lower tax rates, simplify the tax code, they want us to work together. If they’re working to get control of a runaway of a federal debt and annual deficits, they want us to work together.
If they’re working to defeat radical Islam and the threat that it poses through terrorism, they want us to work together.
However, however, if the goal is to abandon America’s free enterprise economy, if the goal is to convert America into a submissive member of the international community, if the goal is not to fix America, but to change America, then they want leaders that are going to come up here and fight it every step of the way. — Marco Rubio
8) In case you didn’t hear the late-breaking news, the gold medal in the downhill was taken away from American Lindsey Vonn. It was determined that President Obama is going downhill faster than she is. — Mitt Romney
7) I think we can learn a lot from that situation, not from Tiger but from his wife. She said, ‘I’ve had enough.’ She said, ‘No more.’ I think we should should take a page out of her playbook and take a nine iron and smash the window out of big government in this country. — Tim Pawlenty
6) The upside of cap and trade will be that if we pass it and defeat global warming, Washington D.C. will see snow again! — Ann Coulter
5) I think President Obama is going to be a one-term president. — Dick Cheney
4) Not a single time have we gotten our rights from Congress or the President, we get them from God. And when He gives us those rights, He puts a warning bell inside of us. When somebody tries to take them, a warning bell goes off. And that’s what America is feeling right now. — Glenn Beck
3) You know, a week ago we didn’t know we were going to make it here. We were watching the — all the images of that winter weather, the extraordinary blizzard that even impacted government. I don’t know if you know this, but the Congress couldn’t meet to vote on bills. The regulatory agencies couldn’t meet to set any regulations, either. And the president couldn’t find anywhere to set up a teleprompter to announce new taxes.
You know, now that I come to think of it, the blizzard may be the best thing to happen to the American economy in 12 months. — Marco Rubio
2) 40% of Americans consider themselves conservatives, 36% say they’re moderates. 20% say their liberals. How are they making 76% feel like they’re the minority? The majority does not rule in America. But the minority shouldn’t hijack it. — Glenn Beck
1) If we do honest soul searching, we are on the ground, and if this ain’t your bottom, America, I warn you some people, you know, people always ask me when there’s some celebrity that’s, you know, I don’t know, vomiting on themselves in some, you know, rehab center what could we have done to save them? The answer is nothing. Some people’s bottom is just a little higher than others. Some people are going to die before they hit bottom. You cannot save them.
This is a pretty good bottom. Yeah, I know this is as bad as I want it to get. But if we don’t stand up now and recognize it, it’s going to get much, much, much worse. All we have to do is recognize the problems that we have, admit to our mistakes, do the hard work. It may be a hard day we have been all night, retching, holding on to that bowl because we went out for a party. And it may be a hard day and hard struggle, and we may work until late in the night, and our kids may be crying, and we may be losing our house we are going to go through some tough times. And we are going to be tired as we set things straight. It is a hard road, I know, I have walked it myself. It is a hard road, but we will make it, and at night we will be beat tired we will be so tired, but when we put our head down on our pillow to go to sleep again that night we can be happy because we know tomorrow it will again be morning in America. — Glenn Beck
Here are a few quotes I considered that didn’t quite have the chops to make it as one of the
50) Get the hell off the Beach in Asbury Park and get out. You’re done. It’s 4:30 PM. You’ve maximized