The 8th Annual “20 Most Annoying Liberals of 2009″
Honorable Mentions: Joy Behar, Barbara Boxer, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Anderson Cooper, Chris Dodd, Maureen Dowd, Dick Durbin, Thomas Friedman, Glenn Greenwald, Maurice Hinchey, Arianna Huffington, Jesse Jackson, Hank Johnson, John Kerry, Ezra Klein, Paul Krugman, Pat Leahy, Rachel Maddow, Bill Maher, Michael Moore, MoveOn, Lawrence O’Donnell, Markos Moulitas, Clarence Page, The New York Times, Ted Rall, Charlie Rangel, Rick Sanchez, Shepard Smith, Pete Stark, John Stewart
20) Roseanne Barr: In a way, it’s unfair to put someone as nutty as Roseanne on the list. In all seriousness, she probably needs to be doing 4 day a week sessions with a psychiatrist and ingesting a cocktail of drugs so potent it would turn Charlie Manson into a boy scout. With that in mind, had Barr just stuck to her fruitbat eating a pile of crazy blog rants, I’d have left her off the list. However, anyone, particularly a Jew, who can dress up as Hitler and bake “Jew cookies” for a magazine pic needs to be singled out as an example of how mentally sick human beings can become:
19) Joe Biden: You remember our Vice-President, don’t you? Nobody could blame you if you forgot about Joe, since they try to keep him hidden away from open microphones as much as possible, but imagine the lovable, hapless, gaffe-prone goofball who exists to provide comic relief during your favorite sitcom and you have our VP down to a tee.
Defining Quote #1: Gimme a f*&$#ing break. — Joe Biden at a Union Station event.
Defining Quote #2: Do you know the website number? — Joe Biden
Defining Quote #3: Now, people when I say that look at me and say, ‘What are you talking about, Joe? You’re telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?’ The answer is yes, that’s what I’m telling you. — Joe Biden
18) Janeane Garofalo: In a year when even former President Bill Clinton used sexual slang like “teabagger” to describe American citizens protesting the Democrats’ rush towards socialism, Janeane Garofalo stands out for her furious, ill-informed rants about the Tea Parties. Of course, when you’re a failed radio host and fast-aging actress, I suppose it’s better to stand out for something rather than nothing at all.
Defining Quote: Do you remember tea baggers? It was just so much easier when we could just call them racists. I just don’t know why we can’t call them racists, or functionally retarded adults. The functionally retarded adults, the racists – with their cries of, ‘I want my country back. You know what they’re really saying is, ‘I want my white guy back.’ They apparently had no problem at all for the last eight years of habeas corpus being suspended, the Constitution being [expletive] on, illegal surveillance, lied to on a war or two, two stolen elections – yes, the John Kerry one was stolen too. That’s not tin-foil hat time. That’s just…” — Janeane Garofalo
17) Al Franken: The fact that this surly clown, who has all the charm of a badger with Swine Flu, could actually make it into the Senate is probably a sign of an impending apocalypse. On the other hand, it was one of the most clearly rigged Senate races in American history, so maybe it’s just a sign that Democratic practice makes perfect when it comes to throwing elections.
Since Franken arrived in the Senate, he has displayed the same lack of class and grace that well…uh…he has displayed in the rest of his life, come to think of it, by cutting off Joe Lieberman’s speech and tacitly encouraging his supporters to accuse Republicans of being pro-rape for opposing a punitive law aimed at Iraq war contractors. Of course, in Franken’s case at least, there’s no one in Minnesota who can claim not to know what sort of man he was getting when he voted for Franken.
Defining Quote: I’ve got plenty of reasons to believe that Al Franken is not going to be the type of honest senator, the kind of transparent operator that we were voting for. The kind of transparency and accountability that we voted for, he doesn’t fit that mold. I know some stuff. I choose not to put it on the air. — Al Franken’s former co-worker, liberal radio host Randi Rhodes.
16) John Murtha: Murtha is the pork king of Congress and he’s so crooked he makes a dog’s hind leg look straight. He’s also under investigation by the FBI — again — and managed to steer millions of taxpayer dollars to an airport in his district that’s so tiny it costs $147 per passenger in subsidies to keep it running.
PS: Congrats to Murtha for once again making CREW’s list of the most corrupt members of Congress. If anybody deserves it, it’s John Murtha!
Defining Quote:If I’m corrupt, it’s because I take care of my district. — John Murtha
: Defining Video: PJTV Salutes Mr. Really In Your Face Earmarker
15) Perez Hilton: Even in the world of gossip mags, which primarily consist of people blogging about how some super model happens to be hideously ugly because her elbows are too pointy, Perez Hilton stands out. In fact, he’s made such a name for himself that he was even asked to judge the Miss America contest despite the fact that he’s gay. How much sense it makes to have a guy who’s not sexually attracted to women judging a beauty pagaent, I’ll leave to others, but Hilton managed to generate a controversy by asking Carrie Prejean if she supported gay marriage. When she politely expressed support for traditional marriage instead, Hilton spent months making an ass of himself over it. In between Carrie Prejean hate sessions and crudely drawing semen on the face of celebrities, Perez Hilton picked a fight with Will.I.Am of the Black Eyed Peas and hilariously got punched out by his manager, much to the delight of millions across the internet.
Defining Quote #1:She lost not because she doesn’t believe in gay marriage. Miss California lost because she’s a dumb b!tch. — Judge Perez Hilton on Carrie Prejean’s gay marriage answer at the Miss USA contest
Defining Quote #2: I was like ‘I don’t need to respect you. I don’t respect you and I did say this, and I knew that it would be the worst thing I could possibly say to him because he was acting the way he was. I said ‘You know what, I don’t respect you and you’re gay and stop being such a f*ggot.’ — What Perez Hilton said to Will.I.Am in his own words
14) Keith Olbermann: Olbermann is another swell-headed liberal jackass with an inferiority complex who makes a name for himself by being an obnoxious creep. Olbermann just gets extra attention because he’s on TV, has a unique style of delivery, and comes off as extraordinarily pretentious when he’s babbling the same imbecilic conspiracy theories and insults you read on every liberal forum on the net.
…the total mindless, morally bankrupt, knee-jerk, fascistic hatred – without which Michelle Malkin would just be a big mashed-up bag of meat with lipstick on it. — Keith Olbermann
13) Alan Grayson: Many people would probably tell you that a loud mouthed jackass like Congressman Alan Grayson should be higher on this list, but there’s just something kind of pathetic and “try hard” about the guy. Why does a guy who went to Harvard sound like a sub-moron from the comments section at the Daily Kos? It’s almost like some consultant told him, “Reel off a lot of blisteringly ignorant comments and you’ll be a netroots hero!” On the upside, it worked. Lefties love him. On the other hand, unless he gets a show on MSNBC, he probably won’t make this list next year because he has a better than even chance of being a one-term and out Congressman.
Defining Quote #1: Fox News and their Republican collaborators are the enemy of America. They’re the enemy of anybody who cares about health care, the enemy of anybody who cares about educating their children, the enemy of anybody who wants energy independence or anything good for this country. And certainly the enemy of peace, there’s no doubt about that. — Alan Grayson
Defining Quote #2: If you get sick, America, the Republican health care plan is this: Die quickly. That’s right. The Republicans want you to die quickly if you get sick. — Alan Grayson
12) Charles Johnson: One of the most repeated lines around the right side of the blogosphere this year has been, “What happened to Charles Johnson?” How did a center-left blogger who ran the web’s premier anti-radical Islam website turn into a nasty tempered, raving paranoid who despises and fears all things Christian and conservative? Who knows? But his bizarre purges from his website of anyone who disagrees with him and his seven degrees of Kevin-Bacon-style denunciations of his enemies, “You once said something nice about this guy, who knows this guy, who is friends with a fascist; therefore you are a fascist” read like they were penned by someone on the verge of a nervous breakdown.
Defining Quote: Charles Johnson is a liar. Charles Johnson is a defamation artist. Charles Johnson is a trafficker in guilt by association. — Robert Spencer
11) Mike Malloy: Malloy, who was canned from Air America for low ratings, being a jerk, or some combination thereof, is a venomous, hate filled, contemptible cur who makes a living spewing the sort of ugly agitprop the media always seems to accuse conservative talkers of billowing out. Of course, given that we’re talking about liberal talk radio here, we have to ask a question: If a liberal host is being a boor on the air and hardly anyone is listening, does he still make a sound?
Defining Quote #1: The real internal terrorists are the Republicans, I mean, isn’t that clear? Rush Limbaugh is a bigger threat to this country than Osama bin Laden. He’s a bigger threat than anybody that the CIA can invent. He’s a bigger threat than any terrorist that ever leveled its sights against the United States, Limbaugh is, so why isn’t he arrested and sentenced for treason?… — Mike Malloy
Defining Quote #2: I have a good news to report; Glen Beck appears closer to suicide – I’m hoping that he does it on camera; suicide is rampant in his family, and given his alcoholism and his tendencies towards self-destruction, I am only hoping that when Glen Beck does put a gun to his head and pulls the trigger, that it will be on television, because somebody will capture it on YouTube and it will be the most popular video for months. — Mike Malloy
10) Andrew Sullivan: It was another banner year in crazy for Andrew Sullivan who ensured his place in the pantheon of conspiracy kookdom Gods by continuing to insist Sarah Palin faked having her own child. When he wasn’t peddling what may be the most laughable conspiracy theory of recent years, Sullivan was grinding out increasingly incoherent rants and getting special deals to keep from being deported over his pot use. As an extra added bonus, Loopy McCrazyBrit’s own ghost writers outed him: “The most popular one-man blog on the internet” actually has ghost-bloggers. Guess Sullivan is too busy getting high and studying old pictures of Sarah Palin pregnant to even write his own material any more.
Defining Quote: Andrew Sullivan is the only blogger I’m aware of who has had guest-bloggers post about his own lunacy, engaging in apologism for that lunacy, basically saying something like “Well, you have to admit, he’s a brave and candid man to reveal his psychological defects in such a public forum,” and then the only blogger who then thanked that guest-blogger for handling his obvious madness in such a kind-hearted manner.
Anyone else know of a blogger whose guest bloggers come in to say “Please excuse the insanity demonstrated by my host, he means well enough and he is, as far as we can tell, not a threat to himself or others”? Gotta be a first, right? — Ace
9) Al Gore: The world’s foremost spokesman for manmade global warming spends his days jetting around the planet to make earnest, yet completely ludicrous speeches about how the globe is on fire while his nights are spent raking in the dough from his global warming profiteering in his enormous energy-sucking mansion. Although Gore constantly references “scientific consensus” to support his incredibly profitable global warming ventures, he steadfastly refuses to deal with a plethera of science based concerns about manmade global warming while simultaneously making ludicrous statements like:
“…The interior of the earth is extremely hot, several million degrees…”
Ehr, actually Al, it’s about “4000:°C at the centre of the Earth.” Guess it’s no wonder that Gore is afraid to debate the science behind manmade global warming.
Of course, Al also branched out into writing poetry this year, which inspired me to put together this poem in his honor.
Defining Poem: It came to me in a hideous dream
an ugly, scarred, screaming thing
they called it Manbearpig, Manbearpig!
It would swallow the snow and pee out acid rain
defecate fire, and belch out greenhouse gasses of pain
Oh Manbearpig, Manbearpig!
It was invisible to some, tricked by its lies
but other liberals saw it and they gave me a Nobel Prize
for fighting Manbearpig, Manbearpig!
It’s how I got my big mansion and my private plane
my bank account of millions and the UN praising my name
Thank you Manbearpig, my imaginary friend, Manbearpig!
Now those Climategate emails are stealing my thunder
How can I make money if people think Cap and Trade is a blunder
Where are you Manbearpig, throw me a winter heatwave, Manbearpig!
8) Eric Holder: Just when you think no other Attorney General will ever manage to be as completely incompetent as Janet Reno, along comes Eric Holder. Under his “leadership,” the Department of Justice has shielded two New Black Panther Party thugs from voter intimidation charges, given Al-Qaeda a helping hand by trying Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in New York for reasons no one can really explain, and Holder reeled off this boneheaded defining quote:
Defining Quote: Though this nation has proudly thought of itself as an ethnic melting pot, in things racial we have always been and continue to be, in too many ways, essentially a nation of cowards. — Eric Holder
7) Meghan McCain: Have you ever seen Caddy Shack? Remember Judge Smails’ brainless son Spaulding? Okay, now imagine that Spaulding is female and you have a pretty good read on Meghan McCain. She’s dumb as a post, completely immature, and has never had an original idea in her life. Additionally, nobody wants to hear a sheltered, privileged little princess endlessly caterwauling because someone called her fat or made a comment about her boobs while prominent conservative women have to put up with more abuse in any given day than Meghan McCain has endured in her whole life. Whoever knew you could get a book deal, TV appearances, and a regular column based solely on your daddy’s name and having a nice rack? If you want to see just how much of a not-ready-for-prime-time child Meghan McCain really is, take a look at this picture, which in a shocking breach of internet decorum (lol) apparently prompted someone to call her a slut. After the picture, read her junior high school Twitter stream reaction and tell me why this is someone any adult should be treating seriously:
Defining Twitter Stream:
so I took a fun picture not thinking anything about what I was wearing but apparently anything other than a pantsuit I am a slut, this is
why I have been considering deleting my twitter account, what once was fun now just seems like a vessel for harassment
I am going to take some more time to think about it but seriously I was just trying to be funny with the book and that I’m a dork staying in
when I am alone in my apartment, I wear tank tops and sweat pants, I had no idea this makes me a “slut”, I can’t even tell you how hurt I am
ok I am getting the f*ck off twitter, promise not to delete my account until I sleep on it, thank you for the nice words supporters
I do want to apologize to anyone that was offended by my twitpic, I have clearly made a huge mistake and am sorry 2 those that are offended.
I would like to thank my family and friends for their support. This has been an embarrassing experience but also a learning one. I will not
be deleting my twitter account but I will be more careful in the future about my use with the medium.
6) Janet Napolitano: When our Homeland Security Secretary wasn’t painting veterans and libertarians as potential terrorists and declaring that entering the United States illegally “is not a crime per se,” she was saying that, “The system worked,” after the Christmas Day pantsbomber was stopped from blowing up a plane in mid-flight by a passenger. About the only good thing you can say about Napolitano is that she makes her predecessor, Michael Chertoff, look competent by comparison — which is one heck of a trick!
Defining Quote #1: And one thing I’d like to point out is that the system worked. — Janet Napolitano’s comment about a terrorist attack stopped by passengers
Defining Quote #2: Death Star Thermal Exhaust Port Defensive Grid? The system worked.
Hindenburg hydrogen-cell containment system? The system worked.
Delta House coordinated cheating strategy? The system worked. — Ace
5) Chris Matthews: Some of history’s biggest mysteries include “What happened to Jimmy Hoffa,” “Where did the Lost Colony go,” and “How does a buffoon like Chris Matthews keep a job?” Matthews’ ratings have been and continue to be horrific, he’s one of the biggest running jokes on cable news, and he regularly blurts out lines so dumb that you could almost believe he’s Joe Biden’s long lost son.
Defining Quote #1: (Obama) went to maybe the enemy camp tonight to make his case. — Chris Matthews on West Point
Defining Quote #2: How do we know when someone like Hasan is going to make his move and do we know he’s an Islamist until he’s made his move? He makes a phone call or whatever, according to Reuters right now. Apparently he tried to contact al-Qaida. Is that the point at which you say, ‘This guy is dangerous?’ That’s not a crime to call up al-Qaida, is it? Is it? I mean, where do you stop the guy? — Chris Matthews
Defining Quote #3: You guys see Live and Let Die, the great Bond film with Yaphet Kotto as the bad guy, Mr. Big? In the end they jam a big CO2 pellet in his face and he blew up. I have to tell you, Rush Limbaugh is looking more and more like Mr. Big, and at some point somebody’s going to jam a CO2 pellet into his head and he’s going to explode like a giant blimp. That day may come. Not yet. But we’ll be there to watch. I think he’s Mr. Big, I think Yaphet Kotto. Are you watching, Rush? — Chris Matthews
4) Barney Frank: He’s an utterly corrupt, nasty tempered, frighteningly incompetent, toweringly arrogant, prissy little b@stard whose only quasi-redeeming qualities are a gift for lying that would make a professional con man blush and a sort of ugly charm most associated with drunken frat boys picking on hapless underclassmen for the amusement of their friends. Naturally, given that he exemplifies all the worst qualities that people hate about Congress, Frank has been in office since 1980 and will probably remain there until he’s a doddering old codger whose aides have to wave the vultures away to keep him from being mistakenly carried off. Thanks a lot, Massachusetts! First Ted Kennedy, now this creep.
Defining Quote: On what planet do you spend most of your time? Ma’am, trying to have a conversation with you would be like trying to argue with a dining room table. I have no interest in doing it. — Barney Frank, to one of his constituents at a Town Hall meeting
3) Harry Reid: Our dour, ultra-left-wing, crooked, Senate Majority Leader has spent the year handing out bribes to Democratic senators like candy and writing bills in smoke filled back-rooms. Pick a lousy piece of legislation from the stimulus bill to Obamacare and Harry Reid was the primary mover and shaker who helped get it passed. Happily, voters in Nevada have been extremely displeased with Reid’s performance and there’s a decent chance that he may be punished at the ballot box for being the ferryman for socialism in America.
Defining Quote: True to form, Reid…negotiated his bribes for the votes of Sens. Mary Landrieu, of Louisiana, Ben Nelson, of Nebraska, and Bernie Sanders, of Vermont, behind closed doors.
…Reid has flouted two centuries of standing Senate rules to pass a measure in the dead of night that no senator has read, and part of which can never be changed. If this is not tyranny, then what is? — The Washington Examiner on the healthcare bill Reid shepherded through.
2) Nancy Pelosi: The Democrats’ leader in the House is a snarling, socialist thunder-harpy with a ravenous appetite for power and the leadership instincts of a rogue lemming heading for a cliff. Her last year has been spent working feverishly to turn the United States into the Soviet Union, circa 1970, and she hasn’t let the truth or the mere citizens of the country stand in her way.
Defining Quote #1: Pelosi publicly stated that “every month that we do not have an economic recovery package 500 million Americans lose their jobs.” …The United States has a population of 303 million. — New York Post
Defining Quote #2: It is clear that after the 9/11 attacks Mrs. Pelosi was briefed on enhanced interrogation techniques and the valuable information they produced. She not only agreed with what was being done, she apparently pressed the CIA to do more.
But when political winds shifted, Mrs. Pelosi seems to have decided to use enhanced interrogation as an issue to attack Republican. — Karl Rove
Defining Quote #3: “I think they are astroturf…you be the judge. They’re carrying swastikas and symbols like that to a town meeting on healthcare.” — Nancy Pelosi on the town hall meetings
Defining Quote #4: These disruptions are occurring because opponents are afraid not just of differing views – but of the facts themselves. Drowning out opposing views is simply un-American. Drowning out the facts is how we failed at this task for decades. — Nancy Pelosi and Steny Hoyer on the town hall meetings
1) Barack Obama: What can you say about a man who can already be fairly called the worst President in American history after only a year in office? Is he naive? Yes, so much so that he makes Jimmy Carter look like Winston Churchill. Is he honest? Kanye West just called to say, “Bill Clinton, I’m really happy for you, and Imma let you finish, but Barack Obama is the most dishonest President of all-time.” Has he done a good job? Maybe — compared to the captain of the Titanic or Ted Kennedy at Chappaquiddick. At this point, all Americans can do is fight against his ultra-liberal-agenda at every opportunity, speak out on behalf of their country, and hope the country isn’t permanently crippled when this train wreck of a presidency has finished running its course.
Defining Quote #1: But I don’t want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking. I want them to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess. I don’t mind cleaning up after them, but don’t do a lot of talking. — Barack Obama
Defining Quote #2: The Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home. . . . What I think we know – separate and apart from this incident – is that there is a long history in their country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately, and that’s just a fact. — Barack Obama on the arrest of his friend, Henry Louis Gates.
The Twenty Most Annoying Liberals In The United States: The 2008 Edition
The Twenty Most Annoying Liberals In The United States: The 2007 Edition
The Twenty Most Annoying Liberals In The United States: The 2006 Edition
The Twenty Most Annoying Liberals In The United States: The 2005 Edition
The Twenty Most Annoying Liberals In The United States: The 2004 Edition
The Twenty Most Annoying Liberals In The United States: The 2003 Edition
The Twenty Most Annoying Liberals In The United States: The 2002 Edition
These websites were ranked using Alexa. The number beside of each website represents its overall rank on the Internet. 1)
I’m a Bad American – this pretty much sums it up for me. I like big trucks, big boats, big
Last week I ran across one of the most blatant cases of reverse domain name hijacking that I’d ever seen.