10 Misc Comments In 250 Characters Or Less
Here’s a little experiment that I wanted to try. 10 comments, on 10 issues, with 250 characters or less per comment.
* Republicans shouldn’t vote to confirm Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State. She has too many scandals and too many conflicts of interest.
* There’s no way Eric Holder or Tim Geithner deserve to be confirmed. Republicans should vote against both of them.
* If Obama’s presidency is as poorly organized and bad judgment prone as his transition period, he’ll be a terrible President.
* The pressure on Obama to move hard to the left from Congress and the liberal base is going to be a 10 on a 10 scale. Even if he were a moderate, which he isn’t by a long shot, he would end up governing well to the left-of-center.
* Just to be clear, I opposed the banking bailout, opposed the Big 3 bailout, and I’ll be opposing any other bailout that comes down the line.
* Conservatives should also oppose the stimulus package. It’ll expand the deficit too much and stimulus packages rarely actually stimulate the economy.
* Gannett, which owns USA Today is forcing thousands of workers to take time off without pay. I love it. The faster these old media stalwarts go belly-up, the better.
* Is Israel losing the global media war? Of course, they are. Jews never win global media wars because there’s too much anti-Semitism.
* Of course, torture works. It’s idiocy to suggest that it doesn’t. Why else do you think countries all over the world would use an ineffective technique?
* A non-conservative idea I like that Tony Blankley suggested: having the government guarantee a certain price per barrel for oil shale. If we want energy independence, that is the only feasible shot we have to do it in the short-term.