DU Today: Obama Worse Then Bush On Wiretapping
It’s been quite some time since we visited the Democratic Underground, but, hey, considering all the funny business coming from Obama and the Donkeys, all the gaffes, all the annoying of our allies and pandering to our enemies (speaking of which, Mahmoud says he will meet with Obama if Obama offers an “honest hand” with “honesty in content.” In other words, Ahmadinejad is going to play games wit Obama,) all the massive spending and proposing of socialized this and nationalized that, AGW legislation…..you know the hit parade, it is no wonder the cwazies over there have been relegated to minor league status. However, buyers remorse is coming to call over “warrantless wiretapping.”
The article in question that they are freaking out over is entitled In Warrantless Wiretapping Case, Obama DOJ’s New Arguments Are Worse Than Bush’s
Blah blah blah….Again, the gulf between Candidate Obama and President Obama is striking. As a candidate, Obama ran promising a new era of government transparency and accountability, an end to the Bush DOJ’s radical theories of executive power, and reform of the PATRIOT Act. But, this week, Obama’s own Department Of Justice has argued that, under the PATRIOT Act, the government shall be entirely unaccountable for surveilling Americans in violation of its own laws.
This isn’t change we can believe in. This is change for the worse.
- This is very disturbing
- Been POSTING At Every Thread About This… This Is An OUTRAGE!! And even here on DU many are calling those of us who ARE outraged some kind of Obama haters! For me it’s not about hating anyone, it’s about “DOING THE RIGHT THING!”
Looking the other way and hoping CONGRESS will pick up the ball IS NOT LEADERSHIP to me. Sorry, and I AM really sorry to have said that! Truth often DOES hurt! (maybe you should get a job)
- No, you’re right about this. This is wrong. And something needs to be done about it. (how about a good petition? Those always work, right? Snicker)
- What is more of an outrage are the ‘liberal/progressives’ defending this indefensible policy DU seems to have split since Obama’s election.
The hero worshippers are starting to frighten me almost as much as the Bushbots. (Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush Bush)
- You find this a surprise? A new phenomenon? The idolatry has been on prominent display for nearly two years now.
He’s in a position to do a number of really good things:
- end the war
- reinstate our civil rights
- fix this economy, not simply ad more cards to the house
- fix healthcare
Every move he’s made so far suggests (at best) a superficial level of intent.
- end the war
- So if the President doesn’t like a law it is okay for him to direct the DOJ to not do their job defending that law? (huh? You mean all that wailing at teeth nashing at Bush and he was just following the law? Goodness!)
- I’m outraged by all of it. The bank fraud, the endless war, the wiretapping, the faith based office etc., etc., etc!
It feels like Deja Vu to me yet people are telling me I’m a hater, I’m bitter and whatever the fuck else they can dream up to smear me with.
They can’t handle the truth so they trash the messenger.
Sorry, but I wasn’t born yesterday and I know what the hell fraud, lies and bullsh*t looks like.
And we are looking at it and it is disgusting and not what I’d call hope and change. Not by a long shot.
- Copy that, Earth Mom. I’m beside myself with rage. We need someone on the board to start putting everything together to determine whether we are being overtly lied to for a reason, and is that reason nascent fascism of some kind. I’m too old to do it. We need one of the board analysts. (double funny. First, what does the commenter think progressivism is? Jonah Goldberg termed it “nice fascism.” Second, gotta love the “someone do something. Just not me” attitude. The Left always wants someone else to do something)
- Change I Cannot Belive In! I just posted a note at the WH. I did NOT vote for reduction in my privacy. I did not vote to let Bush and his henchman get off scott free!
Where is the DU on this? This is an outrage!!
- They got to him — real change — maybe Holder was right….we are a Nation of Cowards (must have been the Illuminati or the NWO)
- It’s not just bushco – it’s worse. Obama is giving himself unprecedented power. FISA is the thing that stopped me in my tracks last June. Up until that point I had donated hundreds of $$$, hours of phone calls & walking about the neighborhoods for Obama. I stopped that support when he voted to uphold FISA and give telecoms immunity. Everyone still voted for him, as I did, because (a) we had no choice – who would put Palin near the white house? and (b) some believed him when he said he would “fix” this after he got elected.
- Restoring the Constitution was my NUMBER 1 issue before the elections . . . And it is my NUMBER 1 issue now.
My support of the President is DIRECTLY proportional to HIS support for the CONSTITUTION.
This is NOT the Change I voted for.
- Not just as bad as Bush, but worse? Oy vey.
- Problem is that people were listening to his pretty speeches and not looking at his record.
I am totally amazed at how many people didn’t see that this guy is NOT a lib, is NOT a progressive.
He has way more in common with the Blue Dog Dems than he has the rest of us.
Seems a good place to stop. Obama is a far left left progressive, not a Blue Dog. He has just been hit with the mighty cluebat of reality.
Here’s your rainbow and unicorn, CavalierX!
BTW, Iran is celebrating Nuclear Day today, and will (supposedly) disclose Iran’s latest nuclear developments. Interestingly, I am not finding this as front page on most American news sites. Weird, huh?