Obamanomics: Unicorns, rainbows and wasteful neo-Keynesian nonsense
But mostly wasteful neo-Kenynesian nonsense! While Obama and his lapdogs promote their “stimulus” plan in terms of “needed investment in our nation’s infrastructure,” in fact only 3% goes to roads and bridges:
The recent proposal distributed by congressional Democrats will provide only an additional $15 billion in 2009 and 2010 for road construction and repair. And of that $30 billion total provided, some funds are earmarked for narrow uses such as technology training or construction of roads on Indian reservations and in national parks.
According to those calculations, that’s just a little more than 3 percent meant to be spent on actual road and bridge construction.
In a conference call on Jan. 23, House Minority Whip Rep. Eric Cantor and [Texas Rep. Jeb] Hensarling pointed out some of the more egregious spending provisions in the House Democrat proposal:
- For every dollar that is spent for small business tax relief, $4 are being spent for the maintenance and new grass in Washington, D.C.
- $360 million for sexually transmitted disease education
- $50 million for the National Endowment of Arts
- $726 million for an afterschool snack program
- Office furniture for the public health service
- More money for Amtrak
“How any of this fits under the banner of economic stimulus is beyond me,” Hensarling said. “I think it would prove to be beyond the American people as well.”
They think waterboarding is torture . . .
(Cross-posted at The Other McCain.)
Robert Stacy McCain