The 10 Hottest Liberal Women In Politics
After the debacle that was Playboy’s Hit Piece On Conservative Women, I thought, “Someone should do this right.” I mean, can’t we simply admire the female form without being jerks about it…ehr, much?
So, I thought about doing a list of the hottest conservative women bloggers in politics — but, I realized it wouldn’t work because I know so many of the women who would end up on the list. Having dipped my pinky toe into lists like this before, behind-the-scenes, I get hit on the one side with, “Why was I not on the list” and from the other side with, “You’re a sexist pig for even doing a list like this.” I just don’t need the drama.
However, I thought, “Gee, I don’t know the women on the liberal side and they all already think I’m a sexist pig by virtue of being a conservative, so I’m home free!”
So, on to the show!
Do keep in mind that this list is based on my own personal preferences, which tend to be a bit eclectic. So, if you don’t agree with some of the selections on the list, I’d suggest you make your own. Also, let me caution you — be nice in the comments section. Women in politics have it rough enough without people denigrating their looks.
10) Janeane Garofalo (Ex-Air America host): As far as her looks are concerned, she tends to be a “love it” or “hate it” kind of girl. Personally, I have always liked the bookish, nerdy punk vibe she exudes.
9) Rachel Sklar (Huffington Post): She just has a good look overall and I particularly like the hair and the eyes.
8) Garance Franke-Ruta (Washington Post): She caught my eye after Ann Althouse yelled at her over the Jessica Valenti picture below. I do have a weakness for that bookish/hot sort of look.
7) Maureen Dowd (New York Times): Great hair, elegant, spicy. You got to give Modo her due: she’s a fine looking woman.
6) Ana Marie Cox: I generally like short hair on a woman, but Ana Marie’s hairstyle doesn’t fit her, somehow. If she had her old hairstyle, she’d probably be a couple of spots higher up the list. Is that shallow?
5) Meghan McCain: She’s probably my least favorite person on the list, which is saying something, but you still have to give credit where credit is due. She’s cute and curvy.
4) Chelsea Clinton: Poor Chelsea had the misfortune of growing up in the limelight and having everyone judge her by how she looked when she was younger. She’s actually pretty foxy these days.
3) Jill Filipovic (Feministe): Pros: Very attractive woman. Minuses: May have actually played something called “Pro-Choice Bingo.”
2) Jessica Valenti (Feministing): This probably isn’t the best picture of Valenti, but it’s the most famous picture of her.
1) Kirsten Powers (Fox): This pic doesn’t really do her justice, but there seem to be surprisingly few pictures of her out there. Powers is quasi-reasonable, seems to get along with Michelle Malkin, and wrote me a nice note once — plus, c’mon, just look at her. Wow!