Bush Failed to Stop al Qaeda During Clinton Years By Scott Ott


A presidential briefing, dated August 6, 2001, and released by the White House yesterday, shows that in 1998 George W. Bush did nothing to respond to the threat of terror attacks from Usama bin Laden’s al Qaeda network.

In fact, when correlated with last week’s testimony before the 9/11 Commission by National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice, it seems clear that the Bush administration had virtually no plan to act on top-secret intelligence gathered during the Clinton administration until after George W. Bush took office in 2001.

“The August 6 PDB (President’s Daily Brief) clearly shows that the White House knew of potential al Qaeda threats within the United States in 1998,” said an unnamed source from an unnamed, non-partisan Washington think tank, “and yet Texas Governor George W. Bush didn’t do anything about these threats until after he became president.”

A former senior official from in the Clinton administration, who requested anonymity, said that former President Bill Clinton was “aghast at the lethargic response of Governor Bush to the clear and present danger al Qaeda posed to our homeland in the 1990s.”

If you enjoyed this satire by Scott Ott, you can read more of his work at Scrappleface.

Trending Today

Related Articles

2

Playing chicken with Medicare

Government programs are magical, see. Or…well, I thought they were. I thought …didn’t I hear somebody say this? I thought

ACLU Wins Case for Lesbian Trapped in Man’s Body

Sound like parody? Well, isn’t life a parody? A federal district court judge in Washington, D.C., ruled today that the

Faded Heroes By DJ Drummond

It’s no surprise that Democrats, especially Liberals among them, have been exceptionally unhappy with President George W. Bush. Besides the