Bush Failed to Stop al Qaeda During Clinton Years By Scott Ott


A presidential briefing, dated August 6, 2001, and released by the White House yesterday, shows that in 1998 George W. Bush did nothing to respond to the threat of terror attacks from Usama bin Laden’s al Qaeda network.

In fact, when correlated with last week’s testimony before the 9/11 Commission by National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice, it seems clear that the Bush administration had virtually no plan to act on top-secret intelligence gathered during the Clinton administration until after George W. Bush took office in 2001.

“The August 6 PDB (President’s Daily Brief) clearly shows that the White House knew of potential al Qaeda threats within the United States in 1998,” said an unnamed source from an unnamed, non-partisan Washington think tank, “and yet Texas Governor George W. Bush didn’t do anything about these threats until after he became president.”

A former senior official from in the Clinton administration, who requested anonymity, said that former President Bill Clinton was “aghast at the lethargic response of Governor Bush to the clear and present danger al Qaeda posed to our homeland in the 1990s.”

If you enjoyed this satire by Scott Ott, you can read more of his work at Scrappleface.

Trending Today

Related Articles

Kayne West Embarrasses Himself Again

There are few things I care about less than music award ceremonies, but Kayne West made such a jackass out

18

Mom & Grandmother give 16 year old tongue lashing and turn him into police for Armed Robbery [VIDEO]

This tough love tag team mother and grandmother take turns yelling at their son in the squad car after they

Bush Lies, Mars Fries — Satire By Cadet Happy

If I have learned anything from “school bus” Ray Nagin in the last few weeks, it is that a man