Bush Failed to Stop al Qaeda During Clinton Years By Scott Ott

A presidential briefing, dated August 6, 2001, and released by the White House yesterday, shows that in 1998 George W. Bush did nothing to respond to the threat of terror attacks from Usama bin Laden’s al Qaeda network.

In fact, when correlated with last week’s testimony before the 9/11 Commission by National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice, it seems clear that the Bush administration had virtually no plan to act on top-secret intelligence gathered during the Clinton administration until after George W. Bush took office in 2001.

“The August 6 PDB (President’s Daily Brief) clearly shows that the White House knew of potential al Qaeda threats within the United States in 1998,” said an unnamed source from an unnamed, non-partisan Washington think tank, “and yet Texas Governor George W. Bush didn’t do anything about these threats until after he became president.”

A former senior official from in the Clinton administration, who requested anonymity, said that former President Bill Clinton was “aghast at the lethargic response of Governor Bush to the clear and present danger al Qaeda posed to our homeland in the 1990s.”

If you enjoyed this satire by Scott Ott, you can read more of his work at Scrappleface.

Related Articles

Hamas & Islamic Jihad Can Count On France’s Support

FacebookTwitterEmail If you needed any evidence that France doesn’t see the war on terrorism as America does, you need look

The MSM: Much Less Accurate Than You Probably Thought

FacebookTwitterEmail Over at Slate, they’re pointing out the results of a study on the accuracy of the MSM and how

The “Okey-dokey”

FacebookTwitterEmail You’ve all heard the famous Obama line where he’s referring to Hillary Clinton and her campaign and claiming they’re

Share This

Share this post with your friends!